Windows Vista Update Error Message - Code 800700C1

BillB

Windows Vista Update Error Message - Code 800700C1
Received message that Windows Vista cannot get Updates.
Went to Update program - recieved following message:
windows Update encountered an unknown error - Corde - 800700C1.

--
-- BillB --

Re: Windows Vista Update Error Message - Code 800700C1

Support for Windows Update:

to installing Security Updates.

your usual support contacts.
AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.net

BillB wrote:
> Received message that Windows Vista cannot get Updates.
> Went to Update program - recieved following message:
> windows Update encountered an unknown error - Corde - 800700C1.

Engel

RE: Windows Vista Update Error Message - Code 800700C1
Hello Bill,

Suggest running sfc /scannow

Vista SFC How to analyze the log file entries that the Microsoft Windows
Resource Checker (SFC.exe) program generates
<http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;928228>
-=-

VISTA System File Checker (SFC) scannow

<http://vistasupport.mvps.org/system_file_checker.htm>
-=-

Type cmd in Search box>rt. click>run as admin.>at prompt type "

sfc /scannow"

no quotes.

I hope this post is helpful.

Let us know how it works ºut.

Ǝиçεl
-=-

"BillB" wrote:

> Received message that Windows Vista cannot get Updates.
> Went to Update program - recieved following message:
> windows Update encountered an unknown error - Corde - 800700C1.
>
> --
> -- BillB --

TaurArian

RE: Windows Vista Update Error Message - Code 800700C1
0x800700C1
-2147024703
ERROR_BAD_EXE_FORMAT
is not a valid Win32 application

Suggests that the update is corrupt

You can download individual updates from the Catalog and save to be
installed later.
http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Home.aspx
How to download updates and drivers from the Windows Update Catalog or from
the Microsoft
Update Catalog
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/323166

Search for a download
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/s...displaylang=en

or you can rename the SoftwareDistribution folder and try again

How to rename the SoftwareDistribution folder in Vista -
1. Stop the Windows Update service (make sure you are logged on as an
Administrator)

Start button || Control Panel ||System and Maintenance ||Administrative Tools
Double-click Services
(Provide the Administrator password or confirmation if prompted to do so.)
Right-click the Windows Update service and click Stop.

2. Click Start, type %windir% in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.

Locate and rename the SoftwareDistribution folder.

3. Start the Windows Update service

Start button || Control Panel ||System and Maintenance ||Administrative Tools
Double-click Services
(Provide the Administrator password or confirmation if prompted to do so.)
Right-click the Windows Update service and click Start.

This procedure will erase your history on the Windows Update Site. Not
important.

You can always check which updates are installed on your computer by -
Start button || Control Panel || Programs
Under Programs and Features - click View installed updates.

"BillB" wrote:

> Received message that Windows Vista cannot get Updates.
> Went to Update program - recieved following message:
> windows Update encountered an unknown error - Corde - 800700C1.
>
> --
> -- BillB --

BillB

RE: Windows Vista Update Error Message - Code 800700C1
I followed your instructions-
Entered CMD (search Box) RT CLK - Run As S A -
Then entered spc /runnow
Got message as follows:
Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair or service

It did indicate that I was on as system Admin -
I tried this at least 5 times - same result -
--
-- BillB --

"Engel" wrote:

> Hello Bill,
>
> Suggest running sfc /scannow
>
> Vista SFC How to analyze the log file entries that the Microsoft Windows
> Resource Checker (SFC.exe) program generates
> <http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;928228>
> -=-
>
> VISTA System File Checker (SFC) scannow
>

> <http://vistasupport.mvps.org/system_file_checker.htm>
> -=-
>
> Type cmd in Search box>rt. click>run as admin.>at prompt type "
>
> sfc /scannow"
>
> no quotes.
>

> I hope this post is helpful.
>
> Let us know how it works ºut.
>
> Ǝиçεl
> -=-
>

> "BillB" wrote:
>
> > Received message that Windows Vista cannot get Updates.
> > Went to Update program - recieved following message:
> > windows Update encountered an unknown error - Corde - 800700C1.
> >
> > --
> > -- BillB --

Engel

RE: Windows Vista Update Error Message - Code 800700C1
Hi Bill,

You <then entered spc /runnow>

You have to enter SPC /scanmow
-=-

"BillB" wrote:

> I followed your instructions-
> Entered CMD (search Box) RT CLK - Run As S A -
> Then entered spc /runnow
> Got message as follows:
> Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair or service
>
> It did indicate that I was on as system Admin -
> I tried this at least 5 times - same result -
> --
> -- BillB --
>

> "Engel" wrote:
>
> > Hello Bill,
> >
> > Suggest running sfc /scannow
> >
> > Vista SFC How to analyze the log file entries that the Microsoft Windows
> > Resource Checker (SFC.exe) program generates
> > <http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;928228>
> > -=-
> >
> > VISTA System File Checker (SFC) scannow
> >

> > <http://vistasupport.mvps.org/system_file_checker.htm>
> > -=-
> >
> > Type cmd in Search box>rt. click>run as admin.>at prompt type "
> >
> > sfc /scannow"
> >
> > no quotes.
> >

> > I hope this post is helpful.
> >
> > Let us know how it works ºut.
> >
> > Ǝиçεl
> > -=-
> >

> > "BillB" wrote:
> >
> > > Received message that Windows Vista cannot get Updates.
> > > Went to Update program - recieved following message:
> > > windows Update encountered an unknown error - Corde - 800700C1.
> > >
> > > --
> > > -- BillB --

Re: Windows Vista Update Error Message - Code 800700C1
scanmow?

Engel wrote:
> Hi Bill,
>
> You <then entered spc /runnow>
>
> You have to enter SPC /scanmow
> -=-
>
> "BillB" wrote:
>
>> I followed your instructions-
>> Entered CMD (search Box) RT CLK - Run As S A -
>> Then entered spc /runnow
>> Got message as follows:
>> Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair or service
>>
>> It did indicate that I was on as system Admin -
>> I tried this at least 5 times - same result -
>> --
>> -- BillB --
>>

>> "Engel" wrote:
>>
>>> Hello Bill,
>>>
>>> Suggest running sfc /scannow
>>>
>>> Vista SFC How to analyze the log file entries that the Microsoft Windows
>>> Resource Checker (SFC.exe) program generates
>>> <http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;928228>
>>> -=-
>>>
>>> VISTA System File Checker (SFC) scannow
>>>

>>> <http://vistasupport.mvps.org/system_file_checker.htm>
>>> -=-
>>>
>>> Type cmd in Search box>rt. click>run as admin.>at prompt type "
>>>
>>> sfc /scannow"
>>>
>>> no quotes.
>>>

>>> I hope this post is helpful.
>>>
>>> Let us know how it works ºut.
>>>
>>> Ǝиçεl
>>> -=-

Engel

RE: Windows Vista Update Error Message - Code 800700C1
Hi Bill,

Thanks to Robear Dyer, he observed and catch my mistake

I type wrong “SPC /scanmow”

This is the correct command: SFC /SCANNOW

Sorry

-=-

"Engel" wrote:

> Hi Bill,
>
> You <then entered spc /runnow>
>
> You have to enter SPC /scanmow
> -=-
>
> "BillB" wrote:
>
> > I followed your instructions-
> > Entered CMD (search Box) RT CLK - Run As S A -
> > Then entered spc /runnow
> > Got message as follows:
> > Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair or service
> >
> > It did indicate that I was on as system Admin -
> > I tried this at least 5 times - same result -
> > --
> > -- BillB --
> >

> > "Engel" wrote:
> >
> > > Hello Bill,
> > >
> > > Suggest running sfc /scannow
> > >
> > > Vista SFC How to analyze the log file entries that the Microsoft Windows
> > > Resource Checker (SFC.exe) program generates
> > > <http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;928228>
> > > -=-
> > >
> > > VISTA System File Checker (SFC) scannow
> > >

> > > <http://vistasupport.mvps.org/system_file_checker.htm>
> > > -=-
> > >
> > > Type cmd in Search box>rt. click>run as admin.>at prompt type "
> > >
> > > sfc /scannow"
> > >
> > > no quotes.
> > >

> > > I hope this post is helpful.
> > >
> > > Let us know how it works ºut.
> > >
> > > Ǝиçεl
> > > -=-

Re: Windows Vista Update Error Message - Code 800700C1
[I thought you may have caught MowGreen-itis!]

Engel wrote:
> Hi Bill,
>
> Thanks to Robear Dyer, he observed and catch my mistake
>
> I type wrong “SPC /scanmow”
>
> This is the correct command: SFC /SCANNOW
>

> Sorry
>
> -=-
>

> "Engel" wrote:
>
>> Hi Bill,
>>
>> You <then entered spc /runnow>
>>
>> You have to enter SPC /scanmow
>> -=-
>>
>> "BillB" wrote:
>>
>>> I followed your instructions-
>>> Entered CMD (search Box) RT CLK - Run As S A -
>>> Then entered spc /runnow
>>> Got message as follows:
>>> Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair or service
>>>
>>> It did indicate that I was on as system Admin -
>>> I tried this at least 5 times - same result -
>>> --
>>> -- BillB --

Engel

Re: Windows Vista Update Error Message - Code 800700C1
:-)