Error Code 80070426 in Vista

JT12

Error Code 80070426 in Vista
I have Vista Home Premium. Every single time my computer tries to install an
update (except for "definition update for Windows Defender"), it fails with
an error code 80070426. I've seen in other topics that running Cryptographic
Services helps, but mine *seems* to be running; however, it doesn't say what
the startup type is, and when I try to open properties, I get the messages
"Configuration Manager: A general internal error occurred" and "The resource
loader failed to find MUI file." So I seem to be stuck with that also, but
the more important issue is with the update error. How do I fix that one, at
least?

Re: Error Code 80070426 in Vista
Vista or Vista SP1?

See
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...64f72bfa80c78f
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

JT12 wrote:
> I have Vista Home Premium. Every single time my computer tries to install
> an
> update (except for "definition update for Windows Defender"), it fails
> with
> an error code 80070426. I've seen in other topics that running
> Cryptographic
> Services helps, but mine *seems* to be running; however, it doesn't say
> what
> the startup type is, and when I try to open properties, I get the messages
> "Configuration Manager: A general internal error occurred" and "The
> resource
> loader failed to find MUI file." So I seem to be stuck with that also, but
> the more important issue is with the update error. How do I fix that one,
> at
> least?

JT12

Re: Error Code 80070426 in Vista
I don't think Service Pack 1 was ever installed, because the installations
for that would fail also. I don't think I have any anti-virus or anti-spyware
applications either, because when I would try to install the application
(Norton Antivirus and whatnot), it would crash.
I'm having so many problems, and I've only had this computer since April!

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Vista or Vista SP1?

> See
> http://groups.google.com/group/micro...64f72bfa80c78f
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Re: Error Code 80070426 in Vista
To keep track of things, it helps immensely if you include all of previous
message(s) in your replies to the newsgroup. Thank you.

> ...I don't think I have any anti-virus or anti-spyware applications
> either...

Protect Your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/secu...r/default.mspx

I'd STRONGLY recommend that you format & reinstall Windows Vista. If you've
been running without a functional and fully updated anti-virus application
for ANY periord of time, the machine cannot be considered safe to use.

See http://www.dslreports.com/faq/10063

After the fresh install, don't do ANYTHING else online until (1) you've made
sure the Windows Firewall is enabled, (2) the machine is fully patched at
Windows Update; and (3) you've gotten a functional anti-virus application
installed AND have manually updated its definitions.

Good luck!

So How Did I Get Infected Anyway?

JT12 wrote:
> I don't think Service Pack 1 was ever installed, because the installations
> for that would fail also. I don't think I have any anti-virus or
> anti-spyware applications either, because when I would try to install the
> application (Norton Antivirus and whatnot), it would crash.
> I'm having so many problems, and I've only had this computer since April!
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>> Vista or Vista SP1?

>> Defender)?
>>
>> See