Vista update has me stuck in a loop

Mike Kreuser

Vista update has me stuck in a loop
When I turned my Vista Home Premium system on this AM everything went
normally until I received a prompt that updates had been installed an that
I should restart the machine. I declined the restart but Vista shut itself
down anyway and restarted. I then got the message that updates were being
configured. Again the system shut down, restarted, and came back with the
same message. This procedure then repeated itself over and over about 15
times before I finally powered down. I tried to bring the system up in safe
mode several times but it aleways aborts, restarts itseld and brings me back
into the same configuring updates loop. The message is always the same -
says it's configuring update 3 of 3, starts at 0% and then changes to 87%,
then shuts down and restarts and repeats the same over and over.

any suggestions?

mike k

Diana

Re: Vista update has me stuck in a loop
Hello Mike,

Can you please try the steps in the article below:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949358

Diana

Diana Smith [MSFT] <diasmith@hotmail.com>
CSS Security Team

"Mike Kreuser" <mkreuser@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> When I turned my Vista Home Premium system on this AM everything went
> normally until I received a prompt that updates had been installed an
> that
> I should restart the machine. I declined the restart but Vista shut itself
> down anyway and restarted. I then got the message that updates were being
> configured. Again the system shut down, restarted, and came back with the
> same message. This procedure then repeated itself over and over about 15
> times before I finally powered down. I tried to bring the system up in
> safe
> mode several times but it aleways aborts, restarts itseld and brings me
> back
> into the same configuring updates loop. The message is always the same -
> says it's configuring update 3 of 3, starts at 0% and then changes to 87%,
> then shuts down and restarts and repeats the same over and over.
>
> any suggestions?
>

> mike k

shaunknowles

Re: Vista update has me stuck in a loop
I am having the same problem but when I look at the solutions, I find that
the one I think would work necessitates the Windows Vista installation disc.
Either I wasn't provided with one of these or I lost it. Is there a fix?