80244019 error when I try to update

IronMike

80244019 error when I try to update
I get a 80244019 error when I try to update Vista 64. Not only that but I
get an error when I try to update the Media Center, Defender (error
0x80190194), anything at all. Have I been blacklisted by Microsoft?

I tried reinstalling Windows but the problem is always there. It's not a
virus. All other sites by other companies work fine.

I tried to call for help but Microsoft tells me the free period has expired.
Strange because it was a new installation at the time.

Can anybody help me here?
TaurArian

Re: 80244019 error when I try to update
Have you tried:
Automatic Updates and WindowsUpdate Reset tool
http://www.codeplex.com/aureset

Otherwise - How to obtain assistance from MS Support

To contact Microsoft for support issues, visit the International Support Web
site:
https://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx
To make sure you receive the appropriate support information for your
location, select your region setting from the list and then click the arrow
button

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

"IronMike" <IronMike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I get a 80244019 error when I try to update Vista 64. Not only that but I
> get an error when I try to update the Media Center, Defender (error
> 0x80190194), anything at all. Have I been blacklisted by Microsoft?
>
> I tried reinstalling Windows but the problem is always there. It's not a
> virus. All other sites by other companies work fine.
>
> I tried to call for help but Microsoft tells me the free period has
> expired.
> Strange because it was a new installation at the time.
>
> Can anybody help me here?

tim

Re: 80244019 error when I try to update
There are no results for this search. Please try again with different search
criteria. Fraid that's all I get out of your link mate.

"TaurArian" wrote:

> Have you tried:
> Automatic Updates and WindowsUpdate Reset tool
> http://www.codeplex.com/aureset
>
> Otherwise - How to obtain assistance from MS Support
>
> To contact Microsoft for support issues, visit the International Support Web
> site:
> https://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx
> To make sure you receive the appropriate support information for your
> location, select your region setting from the list and then click the arrow
> button
>
> --
>
> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
> http://taurarian.mvps.org
> Disclaimer: The information has been posted "as is" with no warranties or
> guarantees and doesn't give any rights.
>

> "IronMike" <IronMike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I get a 80244019 error when I try to update Vista 64. Not only that but I
> > get an error when I try to update the Media Center, Defender (error
> > 0x80190194), anything at all. Have I been blacklisted by Microsoft?
> >
> > I tried reinstalling Windows but the problem is always there. It's not a
> > virus. All other sites by other companies work fine.
> >
> > I tried to call for help but Microsoft tells me the free period has
> > expired.
> > Strange because it was a new installation at the time.
> >
> > Can anybody help me here?

TaurArian

Re: 80244019 error when I try to update
On 2nd November 2008 the link was live. Since then the "reset tool" is no
longer available.

Please start a new post detailing your problem and hopefully someone can
assist further.