wuauclt.exe

linda perry

wuauclt.exe
when every I come to my computer it says an update is ready for my computer.
Then I click on update, I have tried both ways custom and reg install. It
comes up with the same thing wuauclt.exe is an error and needs to close. I
have sent error reports for quite some time no change. How do I fix?
--
Blessings Perry Family
Robert Aldwinckle

Re: wuauclt.exe

"linda perry" <lindaperry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E2387022-5968-4ABD-81BD-F16952C68B24@microsoft.com...
> when every I come to my computer it says an update is ready for my computer.
> Then I click on update, I have tried both ways custom and reg install.

> It comes up with the same thing wuauclt.exe is an error and needs to close.
> I have sent error reports for quite some time no change.

Have you also looked at the [click here] link?
Use it and capture the Error Signature.
Even better would be to get a Stack Back Trace associated
with that crash. E.g. the callers of the crashing module are
often more to blame than the one that crash occurs in.

> How do I fix?

Always disclose your OS and version when you need help.
If there is a problem with the version of the WUAU modules
it would be autorepairing. So most likely something else is causing
your problem symptom.

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
---

Lisa Maher

Re: wuauclt.exe
I am having the same problem. My OS is Windows XP Home Edition, Version
2002, Service Pack 2. Can you help me????? I have done everything I can
think of including restoring the system. Now I am unable to reload Microsoft
Office 2007.

I would appreciate any help or information you could give me.

Thank you!!!
Lisa Maher

"Robert Aldwinckle" wrote:

> "linda perry" <lindaperry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E2387022-5968-4ABD-81BD-F16952C68B24@microsoft.com...
> > when every I come to my computer it says an update is ready for my computer.
> > Then I click on update, I have tried both ways custom and reg install.

> > It comes up with the same thing wuauclt.exe is an error and needs to close.
> > I have sent error reports for quite some time no change.

> Have you also looked at the [click here] link?
> Use it and capture the Error Signature.
> Even better would be to get a Stack Back Trace associated
> with that crash. E.g. the callers of the crashing module are
> often more to blame than the one that crash occurs in.
>

> > How do I fix?

> Always disclose your OS and version when you need help.
> If there is a problem with the version of the WUAU modules
> it would be autorepairing. So most likely something else is causing
> your problem symptom.
>

> HTH
>
> Robert Aldwinckle
> ---

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: wuauclt.exe
(cross-post added to Office Update)
"Lisa Maher" <Lisa Maher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E8A9AD39-7D8B-482D-97EE-99FB649ACC11@microsoft.com...
>I am having the same problem.

Doesn't sound like it. What was the result of the [click here] capture
that I asked the OP to do?

> My OS is Windows XP Home Edition, Version
> 2002, Service Pack 2. Can you help me????? I have done everything I can
> think of including restoring the system.

> Now I am unable to reload Microsoft Office 2007.

What does that have to do with WU?
Try asking in an Office NG? Cross-posting to one for convenience.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---

> I would appreciate any help or information you could give me.
>
> Thank you!!!
> Lisa Maher
>

> "Robert Aldwinckle" wrote:
>

>> "linda perry" <lindaperry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E2387022-5968-4ABD-81BD-F16952C68B24@microsoft.com...
>> > when every I come to my computer it says an update is ready for my computer.
>> > Then I click on update, I have tried both ways custom and reg install.

>> > It comes up with the same thing wuauclt.exe is an error and needs to close.
>> > I have sent error reports for quite some time no change.

>> Have you also looked at the [click here] link?
>> Use it and capture the Error Signature.
>> Even better would be to get a Stack Back Trace associated
>> with that crash. E.g. the callers of the crashing module are
>> often more to blame than the one that crash occurs in.
>>

>> > How do I fix?

>> Always disclose your OS and version when you need help.
>> If there is a problem with the version of the WUAU modules
>> it would be autorepairing. So most likely something else is causing
>> your problem symptom.
>>

>> HTH
>>
>> Robert Aldwinckle
>> ---

Peter Foldes

Re: wuauclt.exe
Lisa

When you do a search for wuauclt.exe where does it show up. Can you post ALL of it's locations where it is resident on your system. This is not an Office issue but I will stay here with you since I do not want to crosspost you back yet to another group at present.
This issue can possibly be a malware issue or a Windows Update issue depending where this file resides on your system.

--
Peter

"Robert Aldwinckle" <robald@techemail.com> wrote in message news:%23I0heYbTJHA.1560@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> (cross-post added to Office Update)
> "Lisa Maher" <Lisa Maher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E8A9AD39-7D8B-482D-97EE-99FB649ACC11@microsoft.com...
>>I am having the same problem.

> Doesn't sound like it. What was the result of the [click here] capture
> that I asked the OP to do?
>

>> My OS is Windows XP Home Edition, Version
>> 2002, Service Pack 2. Can you help me????? I have done everything I can
>> think of including restoring the system.

>> Now I am unable to reload Microsoft Office 2007.

> What does that have to do with WU?
> Try asking in an Office NG? Cross-posting to one for convenience.
>

> Good luck
>
> Robert Aldwinckle
> ---
>

>> I would appreciate any help or information you could give me.
>>
>> Thank you!!!
>> Lisa Maher

>>> Have you also looked at the [click here] link?
>>> Use it and capture the Error Signature.
>>> Even better would be to get a Stack Back Trace associated
>>> with that crash. E.g. the callers of the crashing module are
>>> often more to blame than the one that crash occurs in.

>>> Always disclose your OS and version when you need help.
>>> If there is a problem with the version of the WUAU modules
>>> it would be autorepairing. So most likely something else is causing
>>> your problem symptom.
>>>

>>> HTH
>>>
>>> Robert Aldwinckle
>>> ---

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: wuauclt.exe

Peter,

I cross-posted to refer her to your NG only because of this:

>> Now I am unable to reload Microsoft Office 2007.

Does that have something to do with crashes in wuauclt.exe?

BTW why are you using Quoted Printable?
Oh well, at least I don't have to worry about Format=Flowed
and my linesize... <eg>

Robert
---

"Peter Foldes" <okf22@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:u5JeatbTJHA.3668@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
Lisa

When you do a search for wuauclt.exe where does it show up. Can you post ALL of it's locations where it is resident on your system.
This is not an Office issue but I will stay here with you since I do not want to crosspost you back yet to another group at present.
This issue can possibly be a malware issue or a Windows Update issue depending where this file resides on your system.

--
Peter

"Robert Aldwinckle" <robald@techemail.com> wrote in message news:%23I0heYbTJHA.1560@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> (cross-post added to Office Update)
> "Lisa Maher" <Lisa Maher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E8A9AD39-7D8B-482D-97EE-99FB649ACC11@microsoft.com...
>>I am having the same problem.

> Doesn't sound like it. What was the result of the [click here] capture
> that I asked the OP to do?
>

>> My OS is Windows XP Home Edition, Version
>> 2002, Service Pack 2. Can you help me????? I have done everything I can
>> think of including restoring the system.

>> Now I am unable to reload Microsoft Office 2007.

> What does that have to do with WU?
> Try asking in an Office NG? Cross-posting to one for convenience.
>

> Good luck
>
> Robert Aldwinckle
> ---
>

>> I would appreciate any help or information you could give me.
>>
>> Thank you!!!
>> Lisa Maher

>>> Have you also looked at the [click here] link?
>>> Use it and capture the Error Signature.
>>> Even better would be to get a Stack Back Trace associated
>>> with that crash. E.g. the callers of the crashing module are
>>> often more to blame than the one that crash occurs in.

>>> Always disclose your OS and version when you need help.
>>> If there is a problem with the version of the WUAU modules
>>> it would be autorepairing. So most likely something else is causing
>>> your problem symptom.
>>>

>>> HTH
>>>
>>> Robert Aldwinckle
>>> ---

Peter Foldes

Re: wuauclt.exe
Robert

In line

> Does that have something to do with crashes in wuauclt.exe?

No. It sounds like a problem concerning Office but needs a lot more detail to troubleshoot. Poster should post over to the MS office newsgroups

> BTW why are you using Quoted Printable?
> Oh well, at least I don't have to worry about Format=Flowed
> and my linesize... <eg>

Yes I am <eg>

--
Peter