WindowsUpdate_80070246

Edde

WindowsUpdate_80070246
I dont know what to do. I have been trying to update my Windows, however I
keep gewtting this code. I tried searching for answers online, but I dont
see this code anywhere. Who can I ask or what should I do?
Eddie

Re: WindowsUpdate_80070246
posting to this newsgroup.

How to troubleshoot Windows Update, Microsoft Update, and Windows Server
Update Services installation issues:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/906602

1. See the "Need more help? Tell us what problem you are having" section of
http://support.microsoft.com/ph/6527

2. You cannot install some updates or programs
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822798

3a. Check your WindowsUpdate.log (%windir%\WindowsUpdate.log) for errors
associated with the download/install.

How to read the WindowsUpdate.log file
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/902093

3b. Compare errors to those listed here:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/blog...showentry=1122
and/or go to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com > click on Help and Support
link in left pane > Solve problems on your own.

LOOK! => Start a free Windows Update support incident request:

Support for Windows Update:
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Edde wrote:
> I dont know what to do. I have been trying to update my Windows, however
> keep gewtting this code. I tried searching for answers online, but I dont
> see this code anywhere. Who can I ask or what should I do?
> Eddie

Jim

Re: WindowsUpdate_80070246

"Edde" <Edde@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I dont know what to do. I have been trying to update my Windows, however I
> keep gewtting this code. I tried searching for answers online, but I dont
> see this code anywhere. Who can I ask or what should I do?
> Eddie

I found lots of answers with the Yahoo search engine. They all seem to be
getting this error on Vista machines. Mine, however, is an XP machine; I
can't help you.
Jim

Edde

Re: WindowsUpdate_80070246
I have Windows Vista

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> posting to this newsgroup.
>
> How to troubleshoot Windows Update, Microsoft Update, and Windows Server
> Update Services installation issues:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/906602
>
> 1. See the "Need more help? Tell us what problem you are having" section of
> http://support.microsoft.com/ph/6527
>
> 2. You cannot install some updates or programs
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822798
>
> 3a. Check your WindowsUpdate.log (%windir%\WindowsUpdate.log) for errors
> associated with the download/install.
>
> How to read the WindowsUpdate.log file
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/902093
>
> 3b. Compare errors to those listed here:
> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/blog...showentry=1122
> and/or go to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com > click on Help and Support
> link in left pane > Solve problems on your own.
>
> LOOK! => Start a free Windows Update support incident request:
>
> Support for Windows Update:
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> Edde wrote:
> > I dont know what to do. I have been trying to update my Windows, however
> > keep gewtting this code. I tried searching for answers online, but I dont
> > see this code anywhere. Who can I ask or what should I do?
> > Eddie

TaurArian

Re: WindowsUpdate_80070246
0x80070246 - ERROR_ILLEGAL_CHARACTER
An invalid character was encountered.

Stop error when you try to download updates from Windows Update on a
computer that is running Windows Vista: "0x80070246"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942968

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org