Windows Vista update causing program crashes

Belkin

Windows Vista update causing program crashes
Windows Vista Home Premium SP1

Updates:
1. KB953155 Security Update for Windows Vista
2. KB957200 Update for Windows Vista

Errors:
1. IE 7 crashes when trying to load pages or download files
2. Windows Media Player 11 crashes when viewing/loading the Library

Solution?:
- resolves when I remove the updates

Is this happening to anyone else?
Other than "hiding" this updates is there a better solution?
Joan Archer

Re: Windows Vista update causing program crashes
No problem here running Vista Home Premium SP1 after the install of both.

--
Joan Archer
http://www.freewebs.com/crossstitcher

"Belkin" <Belkin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Windows Vista Home Premium SP1
>
> Updates:
> 1. KB953155 Security Update for Windows Vista
> 2. KB957200 Update for Windows Vista
>
> Errors:
> 1. IE 7 crashes when trying to load pages or download files
> 2. Windows Media Player 11 crashes when viewing/loading the Library
>
> Solution?:
> - resolves when I remove the updates
>
> Is this happening to anyone else?
> Other than "hiding" this updates is there a better solution?

MowGreen [MVP]

Re: Windows Vista update causing program crashes
You can receive no-charge support for issues associated with KB953155:

> How to obtain help and support for this security update
> For home users, no-charge support is available by calling 1-866-PCSAFETY in the United States and
> Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft subsidiary. For more information about how to contact
> your local Microsoft subsidiary for support issues with security updates, visit the Microsoft
> International Support Web site:
> http://support.microsoft.com/common/....aspx?rdpath=4
> North American customers can also obtain instant access to unlimited no-charge e-mail support or to
> unlimited individual chat support by visiting the following Microsoft Web site:
> http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...spx?&prid=7552

What is the installed antivirus/security suite/anti-malware programs ?
Is a 3rd party firewall being used ?

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2009]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

Belkin wrote:

> Windows Vista Home Premium SP1
>
> Updates:
> 1. KB953155 Security Update for Windows Vista
> 2. KB957200 Update for Windows Vista
>
> Errors:
> 1. IE 7 crashes when trying to load pages or download files
> 2. Windows Media Player 11 crashes when viewing/loading the Library
>
> Solution?:
> - resolves when I remove the updates
>
> Is this happening to anyone else?
> Other than "hiding" this updates is there a better solution?

Belkin

Re: Windows Vista update causing program crashes
Thanks MowGreen for your reply.

Weird thing is that today my Windows Vista autoupdated ... despite tellng it
not to ... then autorebooted itself ... and now no problems.

:-)

The world is calm and smooth again!

"MowGreen [MVP]" wrote:

> What is the installed antivirus/security suite/anti-malware programs ?
> Is a 3rd party firewall being used ?
>
> MowGreen [MVP 2003-2009]
> ===============
> *-343-* FDNY
> Never Forgotten
> ===============
>

> Belkin wrote:
>
> > Windows Vista Home Premium SP1
> >
> > Updates:
> > 1. KB953155 Security Update for Windows Vista
> > 2. KB957200 Update for Windows Vista
> >
> > Errors:
> > 1. IE 7 crashes when trying to load pages or download files
> > 2. Windows Media Player 11 crashes when viewing/loading the Library
> >
> > Solution?:
> > - resolves when I remove the updates
> >
> > Is this happening to anyone else?
> > Other than "hiding" this updates is there a better solution?

Cheng Siong

RE: Windows Vista update causing program crashes
After installating both the patches, my windows message can't load.
Anyone has the same problem? If so, what could be the solution?

Bgrds,
Cheng Siong

"Belkin" wrote:

> Windows Vista Home Premium SP1
>
> Updates:
> 1. KB953155 Security Update for Windows Vista
> 2. KB957200 Update for Windows Vista
>
> Errors:
> 1. IE 7 crashes when trying to load pages or download files
> 2. Windows Media Player 11 crashes when viewing/loading the Library
>
> Solution?:
> - resolves when I remove the updates
>
> Is this happening to anyone else?
> Other than "hiding" this updates is there a better solution?

MowGreen [MVP]

Re: Windows Vista update causing program crashes
Self-healing ain't all that bad, is it ? <w>
But seriously ... look to the installed security software as it *may* be
creating an issue that Vista will be unable to handle in the future.
If this was a one time issue, then just move on ... nothing to see
here. <w>
BTW, do you run a Belkin router ? <g>

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2009]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

Belkin wrote:

> Thanks MowGreen for your reply.
>
> Weird thing is that today my Windows Vista autoupdated ... despite tellng it
> not to ... then autorebooted itself ... and now no problems.
>
> :-)
>
> The world is calm and smooth again!
>
> "MowGreen [MVP]" wrote:
>
>>What is the installed antivirus/security suite/anti-malware programs ?
>>Is a 3rd party firewall being used ?
>>
>>MowGreen [MVP 2003-2009]
>>===============
>> *-343-* FDNY
>>Never Forgotten
>>===============
>>

>>Belkin wrote:
>>

>>>Windows Vista Home Premium SP1
>>>
>>>Updates:
>>>1. KB953155 Security Update for Windows Vista
>>>2. KB957200 Update for Windows Vista
>>>
>>>Errors:
>>>1. IE 7 crashes when trying to load pages or download files
>>>2. Windows Media Player 11 crashes when viewing/loading the Library
>>>
>>>Solution?:
>>>- resolves when I remove the updates
>>>
>>>Is this happening to anyone else?
>>>Other than "hiding" this updates is there a better solution?

MowGreen [MVP]

Re: Windows Vista update causing program crashes
Windows Messenger ? Was it open and running when the updates were
installed ?

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2009]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

Cheng Siong wrote:

> After installating both the patches, my windows message can't load.
> Anyone has the same problem? If so, what could be the solution?
>

> Bgrds,
> Cheng Siong
>

> "Belkin" wrote:
>

>>Windows Vista Home Premium SP1
>>
>>Updates:
>>1. KB953155 Security Update for Windows Vista
>>2. KB957200 Update for Windows Vista
>>
>>Errors:
>>1. IE 7 crashes when trying to load pages or download files
>>2. Windows Media Player 11 crashes when viewing/loading the Library
>>
>>Solution?:
>>- resolves when I remove the updates
>>
>>Is this happening to anyone else?
>>Other than "hiding" this updates is there a better solution?

Fietje

RE: Windows Vista update causing program crashes
I had the same problem...Firefox and IE 7 were having difficulty loading some
pages, very annoying. I removed update KB957200 and problem solved.
However, I would like to know if there is a solution for this problem? I am
not installing that update again, unless there's a solution...

"Belkin" wrote:

> Windows Vista Home Premium SP1
>
> Updates:
> 1. KB953155 Security Update for Windows Vista
> 2. KB957200 Update for Windows Vista
>
> Errors:
> 1. IE 7 crashes when trying to load pages or download files
> 2. Windows Media Player 11 crashes when viewing/loading the Library
>
> Solution?:
> - resolves when I remove the updates
>
> Is this happening to anyone else?
> Other than "hiding" this updates is there a better solution?

kplanman

RE: Windows Vista update causing program crashes
I have never been able to sucessfully install this update. For months my
keyboard and mouse have been freezing at random intervals. I have also been
repeatedly getting error code 15016 in the event viewer, which has something
to do with Kerberos security package. I'm wondering if these events are
related? Can anyone help?