My Vista-64 does not run with new Critical Security Updates10/ 24&

CLIFF

My Vista-64 does not run with new Critical Security Updates10/ 24&
Errors : 10,1000,1084,3036,4609 plus unexplained crashes upon sleep plus
error "Windows did not shut down successfully"--also blocks access to windows
site to the error reporting tool. I suppose it makes the computer quite
secure if it does not allow the computer to run--The only work around I have
found so far is to restore to before the updates and then manually shut down
the computer afterwards. SYSTEM IS Q-9450,NOT OVERCLOCKED,PQ5E3-WI-FI-n ,4 GB
DDR3 RAM@1300, NETWORKED, Windows Live Onecare. Quite a stable and reliable
system normally. I have added these updates twice now and had to restore. It
has made a time saver into a time waster. Any Ideas / Suggestions. Thanks
CLIFF.F.
MowGreen [MVP]

Re: My Vista-64 does not run with new Critical Security Updates10/24&
MS offers no-charge support for issues associated with security updates.
From each MSKB article that is a security update -

> How to obtain help and support for this security update
> For home users, no-charge support is available by calling 1-866-PCSAFETY in the United States and
> Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft subsidiary. For more information about how to contact your
> local Microsoft subsidiary for support issues with security updates, visit the Microsoft International
> Support Web site:
> http://support.microsoft.com/common/....aspx?rdpath=4
> North American customers can also obtain instant access to unlimited no-charge e-mail support or to
> unlimited individual chat support by visiting the following Microsoft Web site:
> http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...spx?&prid=7552

From each Security Bulletin, such as:

Microsoft Security Bulletin MS08-062 - Important
Vulnerability in Windows Internet Printing Service Could Allow Remote
Code Execution (953155)
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec.../ms08-062.mspx

> Support
> • Customers in the U.S. and Canada can receive technical support from Microsoft Product Support
> Services at 1-866-PCSAFETY. There is no charge for support calls that are associated with security
> updates.
> • International customers can receive support from their local Microsoft subsidiaries. There is no
> charge for support that is associated with security updates. For more information about how to contact
> Microsoft for support issues, visit the International Support Web site.

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2009]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

CLIFF wrote:

> Errors : 10,1000,1084,3036,4609 plus unexplained crashes upon sleep plus
> error "Windows did not shut down successfully"--also blocks access to windows
> site to the error reporting tool. I suppose it makes the computer quite
> secure if it does not allow the computer to run--The only work around I have
> found so far is to restore to before the updates and then manually shut down
> the computer afterwards. SYSTEM IS Q-9450,NOT OVERCLOCKED,PQ5E3-WI-FI-n ,4 GB
> DDR3 RAM@1300, NETWORKED, Windows Live Onecare. Quite a stable and reliable
> system normally. I have added these updates twice now and had to restore. It
> has made a time saver into a time waster. Any Ideas / Suggestions. Thanks
> CLIFF.F.

CLIFF

Re: My Vista-64 does not run with new Critical Security Updates10/
THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT LINK. MowGreen. Upon the third attempted install,I
shut the computer completely off after the install was complete, before
opening any apps., It appears to have been successful this time-no Error
Messages/crashes -Possibly the pause (shutdown/restart) during the normal
install is not long enough . Time will tell.
--
CLIFF.F.