Problem with Win Update and ISA client

lada

Problem with Win Update and ISA client
I have had problem with Win Update while ISA client is running. When I set IP
address proxy server and port in IE properties, Win Update is o.k.
Help me please.
MowGreen [MVP]

Re: Problem with Win Update and ISA client
lada wrote:

> I have had problem with Win Update while ISA client is running. When I set IP
> address proxy server and port in IE properties, Win Update is o.k.
> Help me please.

Does anything here shed light on the issue ? -

You experience problems when you access the Windows Update Version 6 Web
site through a server that is running ISA Server
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/885819

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2009]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============
lada

Re: Problem with Win Update and ISA client
Hi,
Thank You for your message,
I have done all in configuration in ISA 2000 but problem is same.
Error number is 0x80072EFD. I have solved it in agreement with MS KB but
without success. I think, that problem is in Application configuration in
Mspclnt.ini file. When I have set there SVCHOST Disable to 0, Win Update has
been o.k. But I don't know that this setting is correct without side effects.

Lada

"MowGreen [MVP]" wrote:

> lada wrote:
>
> > I have had problem with Win Update while ISA client is running. When I set IP
> > address proxy server and port in IE properties, Win Update is o.k.
> > Help me please.

> Does anything here shed light on the issue ? -
>
> You experience problems when you access the Windows Update Version 6 Web
> site through a server that is running ISA Server
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/885819
>

> MowGreen [MVP 2003-2009]
> ===============
> *-343-* FDNY
> Never Forgotten
> ===============

MowGreen [MVP]

Re: Problem with Win Update and ISA client
Lada,

> When I have set there SVCHOST Disable to 0, Win Update has
>> been o.k. But I don't know that this setting is correct without side effects.

Are you saying that the system can update with the above setting but
you're not sure about what ramififications the setting has ?

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2009]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

lada wrote:

> Hi,
> Thank You for your message,
> I have done all in configuration in ISA 2000 but problem is same.
> Error number is 0x80072EFD. I have solved it in agreement with MS KB but
> without success. I think, that problem is in Application configuration in
> Mspclnt.ini file. When I have set there SVCHOST Disable to 0, Win Update has
> been o.k. But I don't know that this setting is correct without side effects.
>
> Lada
>
> "MowGreen [MVP]" wrote:
>

>>lada wrote:
>>

>>>I have had problem with Win Update while ISA client is running. When I set IP
>>>address proxy server and port in IE properties, Win Update is o.k.
>>>Help me please.

>>Does anything here shed light on the issue ? -
>>
>>You experience problems when you access the Windows Update Version 6 Web
>>site through a server that is running ISA Server
>>http://support.microsoft.com/kb/885819
>>

>>MowGreen [MVP 2003-2009]
>>===============
>> *-343-* FDNY
>>Never Forgotten
>>===============

lada

Re: Problem with Win Update and ISA client
Hi,
I am sure, today, this setting (in Mspclnt.ini on ISA 2000 server) has side
effect. Domain computers with XP system (only with XP, with W2000 are o.k.)
can't communicate with domain controler.
Lada

"MowGreen [MVP]" wrote:

> Lada,
>
> > When I have set there SVCHOST Disable to 0, Win Update has
> >> been o.k. But I don't know that this setting is correct without side effects.

> Are you saying that the system can update with the above setting but
> you're not sure about what ramififications the setting has ?
>
> MowGreen [MVP 2003-2009]
> ===============
> *-343-* FDNY
> Never Forgotten
> ===============
>

> lada wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > Thank You for your message,
> > I have done all in configuration in ISA 2000 but problem is same.
> > Error number is 0x80072EFD. I have solved it in agreement with MS KB but
> > without success. I think, that problem is in Application configuration in
> > Mspclnt.ini file. When I have set there SVCHOST Disable to 0, Win Update has
> > been o.k. But I don't know that this setting is correct without side effects.
> >
> > Lada

> >>Does anything here shed light on the issue ? -
> >>
> >>You experience problems when you access the Windows Update Version 6 Web
> >>site through a server that is running ISA Server
> >>http://support.microsoft.com/kb/885819
> >>

> >>MowGreen [MVP 2003-2009]
> >>===============
> >> *-343-* FDNY
> >>Never Forgotten
> >>===============

MowGreen [MVP]

Re: Problem with Win Update and ISA client
Lada,

Suggest you post to the ISA newsgroup for further assistance with the
settings:

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...&lang=en&cr=US

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2009]
*-343-* FDNY