KB928366 - Continually says I need to install this update - I have

stealth94

KB928366 - Continually says I need to install this update - I have
The above update has been installed on my computer approximately 40 times.
Everytime I click the update shield - it is the same update over and over. I
checked my history and it says it has been successfully installed everytime.
How do I stop this update?????
Master Blaster

Re: KB928366 - Continually says I need to install this update - I have
I'll assume you are using the Update-Shield icon in the Taskbar Tray.

Double click icon to open the dialog, UNCHECK downloads you do NOT want
to load, click [OK] and another dialog should open with a question
(cannot remember exact text). If you check the box next to the
question, then [OK] out, you will not be notified again.

You WILL continue to get download notifications for NEW updates.

--
===============
Master Blaster

"stealth94" <stealth94@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> The above update has been installed on my computer approximately 40 times.
> Everytime I click the update shield - it is the same update over and over. I
> checked my history and it says it has been successfully installed everytime.
> How do I stop this update?????

Re: KB928366 - Continually says I need to install this update - I have
<pft> You do NOT want to "hide" this update!!

See http://blogs.technet.com/mmpc/archiv...ected-now.aspx
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Master Blaster wrote:
> I'll assume you are using the Update-Shield icon in the Taskbar Tray.
>
> Double click icon to open the dialog, UNCHECK downloads you do NOT want
> to load, click [OK] and another dialog should open with a question
> (cannot remember exact text). If you check the box next to the
> question, then [OK] out, you will not be notified again.
>
> You WILL continue to get download notifications for NEW updates.
>

>> The above update has been installed on my computer approximately 40
>> times.
>> Everytime I click the update shield - it is the same update over and
>> over.
>> I checked my history and it says it has been successfully installed
>> everytime. How do I stop this update?????

Re: KB928366 - Continually says I need to install this update - I have
Get Protected, Now!
http://blogs.technet.com/mmpc/archiv...ected-now.aspx

Tip: Temporarily disable real-time protection by your anti-virus and/or
anti-spyware applications (e.g., CounterSpy, Spysweeper, Spybot, AVG
Anti-Spyware) and/or any third-party firewall (e.g., ZA) before attempting
to install the update(s). If you disable a third-party firewall, do NOT
connect to the internet without having the Windows Firewall enabled!

Support for Windows Update:

to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB928366)

your usual support contacts.
AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.net

stealth94 wrote:
> The above update has been installed on my computer approximately 40 times.
> Everytime I click the update shield - it is the same update over and over.
> I checked my history and it says it has been successfully installed
> everytime. How do I stop this update?????

Harry Johnston [MVP]

PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:

> <pft> You do NOT want to "hide" this update!!
>
> See http://blogs.technet.com/mmpc/archiv...ected-now.aspx

I don't think this is the update the OP is talking about. :-)

However, it's probably still true that the problem should be fixed rather than
hidden; it's relatively rare for an update to be detected as needed when it is
in fact properly installed, so odds are the OP has a genuine problem.

Harry.

Harry Johnston [MVP] wrote:
> PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
>
>> <pft> You do NOT want to "hide" this update!!
>>
>> See
>> http://blogs.technet.com/mmpc/archiv...ected-now.aspx

> I don't think this is the update the OP is talking about. :-)
>
> However, it's probably still true that the problem should be fixed rather
> than hidden; it's relatively rare for an update to be detected as needed
> when it is in fact properly installed, so odds are the OP has a genuine
> problem.

[You're right, of course. I've got KB numbers on the brain tonight...and
these !@#$% bifocal contacts aren't helping!!]

Re: KB928366 - Continually says I need to install this update - I have
[Ignore that idiot who posted earlier (including PA Bear)]

Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) when
posting to this newsgroup, please.

1. Write down what .NET Framework versions are already installed before you
go uninstalling/removing any of them!

How to determine which versions of the .NET Framework are installed and
whether service packs have been applied
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318785

2. Now see Resolutions Methods 1 or 2 in
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923100 (ignore the title).

If no joy, see this related post by my colleague MowGreen:
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...76de7769d04493