Microsoft.Update.ServiceManager AddScanPackageService

gmyers

Microsoft.Update.ServiceManager AddScanPackageService
From the general looks of things, noone monitors this newsgroup but here goes
anyway...

Using the code from
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...mmunityContent
(tweaked to handle new file/path), I keep getting "Invalid procedure call or
argument".

Windows XP SP2
wuapi.dll 7.0.6000.381

Upon rewriting the code for VB.NET and extracting the exception, I get
"Value does not fall within the expected range" at the AddScanPackageService
call. This happens when referencing various versions of the wuapi.dll.

Ideas?

Thanks in advance...
MowGreen [MVP]

Re: Microsoft.Update.ServiceManager AddScanPackageService
Without seeing anything other than what's in the Subject line:

> Microsoft.Update.ServiceManager AddScanPackageService

The page shows:

UpdateServiceManager.AddScanPackageService

Which is it, the first or second ?
Check the last post, " This code is 100% OK " and ensure that either you
change the name to "<path>\wsusscn2.cab" or rename wsusscn2.cab to
wsusscan.cab.

If none of the above is pertinent, suggest you post to the WSUS NG for
further assistance as this NG deals with the client-side of Windows Update:

http://www.microsoft.com/communities... date_services

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2009]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

gmyers wrote:

> From the general looks of things, noone monitors this newsgroup but here goes
> anyway...
>
> Using the code from
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...mmunityContent
> (tweaked to handle new file/path), I keep getting "Invalid procedure call or
> argument".
>
> Windows XP SP2
> wuapi.dll 7.0.6000.381
>
> Upon rewriting the code for VB.NET and extracting the exception, I get
> "Value does not fall within the expected range" at the AddScanPackageService
> call. This happens when referencing various versions of the wuapi.dll.
>
> Ideas?
>
> Thanks in advance...

gmyers

Re: Microsoft.Update.ServiceManager AddScanPackageService
Hello,

UpdateServiceManager is an instance of Microsoft.Update.ServiceManager and I
was attempting to call AddScanPackageService and getting a not so useful
error message:
"Invalid procedure call..." - OR - "Value does not fall..."

I made the assumption it was looking at the third paramter
(UpdateServiceOption flag), however, I accidentally figured out that it is in
fact the path... The path MUST be non UNC and it the cab is not seen in the
local directory. (So, a limitation in the path masked by poor error
description...)

Thanks for the reply...

"MowGreen [MVP]" wrote:

> Without seeing anything other than what's in the Subject line:
>
> > Microsoft.Update.ServiceManager AddScanPackageService

> The page shows:
>
> UpdateServiceManager.AddScanPackageService
>
> Which is it, the first or second ?
> Check the last post, " This code is 100% OK " and ensure that either you
> change the name to "<path>\wsusscn2.cab" or rename wsusscn2.cab to
> wsusscan.cab.
>
> If none of the above is pertinent, suggest you post to the WSUS NG for
> further assistance as this NG deals with the client-side of Windows Update:
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities... date_services
>

> MowGreen [MVP 2003-2009]
> ===============
> *-343-* FDNY
> Never Forgotten
> ===============
>

> gmyers wrote:
>
> > From the general looks of things, noone monitors this newsgroup but here goes
> > anyway...
> >
> > Using the code from
> > http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...mmunityContent
> > (tweaked to handle new file/path), I keep getting "Invalid procedure call or
> > argument".
> >
> > Windows XP SP2
> > wuapi.dll 7.0.6000.381
> >
> > Upon rewriting the code for VB.NET and extracting the exception, I get
> > "Value does not fall within the expected range" at the AddScanPackageService
> > call. This happens when referencing various versions of the wuapi.dll.
> >
> > Ideas?
> >
> > Thanks in advance...

gmyers

Re: Microsoft.Update.ServiceManager AddScanPackageService
Oops... let me rephrase. No network drives... Lousy limitation.

Thanks