I can't hear any sound.

shell

I can't hear any sound.
I just bought a used computer after i pluged it up and everything i relized
it had no sound . I'm not verry good at computers. I just checked the "help
and support"
on the computer followed instructions ... nothing worked and i am about
done. please help me
TaurArian

Re: I can't hear any sound.
Did you check the volume control to make sure it wasn't low or muted?

Have you actually got the speakers plugged into the correct place?

For further assistance try a more appropriate Newsgroup such as general for
your operating system -

Windows XP Newsgroups
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...ewsgroups.mspx

or

Welcome to Microsoft Windows Vista Newsgroups
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...s/default.mspx

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

"shell" <shell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just bought a used computer after i pluged it up and everything i relized
> it had no sound . I'm not verry good at computers. I just checked the
> "help
> and support"
> on the computer followed instructions ... nothing worked and i am about
> done. please help me

Manda

RE: I can't hear any sound.

"shell" wrote:

> I just bought a used computer after i pluged it up and everything i relized
> it had no sound . I'm not verry good at computers. I just checked the "help
> and support"
> on the computer followed instructions ... nothing worked and i am about
> done. please help me

Manda

RE: I can't hear any sound.

"shell" wrote:

> I just bought a used computer after i pluged it up and everything i relized
> it had no sound . I'm not verry good at computers. I just checked the "help
> and support"
> on the computer followed instructions ... nothing worked and i am about
> done. please help me

Manda

RE: I can't hear any sound.
Go to settings, control panel, choose systems and then devices. See if you
have anything under sound device, if so, try updating the driver. If your
computer doesn't find an updated driver, make a note of your sound device and
then go onto the actual manufacturers website of this device and you may find
updated drivers for it. I had the same problem with VIA AC 97, there are
loads of drivers to accompany this sound device, you just have to find the
one that suits your system. At the moment I have sound but no sound on my
media player, I think its to do with the audio splitter that should be with
the microsoft kernal, but that's a different story! Try my advice and let me
know how you get on. Good luck!