Vista trouble!

brucereid is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Vista trouble!
I guess I have figured out the problem I was encountering for so long. As I said it was the Service Pack 3 update which was not getting updated on my scan I figured out some virus was responsible for this. Got rid of them now things are almost back to normal. The only problem is the "system restore" option as I see is not working. It is permanently disabled for some strange reasons.
As I said the virus has already been got rid of then what might affect this problem!
__________________
CD/DVD Printers
Engel

RE: Vista trouble!
Hello brucereid,

<
<Got rid of them now things are almost back to normal.
<

Be sure to run this tools be:
-SUPERAntiSpyware
-MalwareBytes
-Windows Live OneCare
-Windows Malicious Software Tool
-=-

A very good antimalware app is SUPERAntiSpyware.
There is a free version (on demand scanning only), the paid for version
includes active monitoring, similar to Windows defender:
<http://www.superantispyware.com/>
The trial version of SUPERAntiSpyware Pro (SAS):
<http://www.superantispyware.com/superantispywarefreevspro.html>
-=-

Try running Malwarebytes Anti-Malware... download, update, and perform a
full system scan:
<http://www.malwarebytes.org/roguenet.php?id=401>
-=-

Windows Live OneCare on line scan
<http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/tryscanner.htm>
Look for Protection, the broom Clean up, also Tune Up..
-=-

Windows Malicious Software Tool
<http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=ad724ae0-e72d-4f54-9ab3-75b8eb148356&displaylang=en>
-=-

Have you done any scans within safe mode ?

Restart in safe mode and scan with both updated Windows Defender, your
antivirus, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, and SUPERAntiSpyware 4.1 and Windows
Malicious Software Tool
-=-

<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315>
-=-

I hope this post is helpful.

Let us know how it works ºut.

Ǝиçεl
-=-

"brucereid" wrote:

> I guess I have figured out the problem I was encountering for so long.
> As I said it was the Service Pack 3 update which was not getting updated
> on my scan I figured out some virus was responsible for this. Got rid of
> them now things are almost back to normal. The only problem is the
> "system restore" option as I see is not working. It is permanently
> disabled for some strange reasons.
> As I said the virus has already been got rid of then what might affect
> this problem!
>

> --
> brucereid
>
> need some modifications

Tom Lake

Re: Vista trouble!

"brucereid" <brucereid.3hzp0d@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message

> I guess I have figured out the problem I was encountering for so long.
> As I said it was the Service Pack 3 update which was not getting updated
> on my scan I figured out some virus was responsible for this.

If you're trying to run SP3 on Vista, you really DO have problems since
only SP1 is out for Vista right now and SP2 is in Beta.

Tom Lake

Re: Vista trouble!
Please reply to your original thread, Bruce.

SP3 for Vista? Pull the other one...