Windows update freezes on powerdown

Mr. T

Windows update freezes on powerdown
When I power down for the day, I am presented with a notice that an update is
in progress and to not turn off power manually (it will occur automatically).
The screen remains and the text flashes, but the update does not complete. I
have left it undisturbed overnight and find this same condition the next day.
This condition has repeated for several days. I have gone to the Microsoft
update site and it tells me I have no updates to download, but that one is in
progress.
Hope you can help.
Mr. T

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: Windows update freezes on powerdown
"Mr. T" <MrT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B334C6D3-DBE7-490D-9EF4-EE126B53442F@microsoft.com...
> When I power down for the day, I am presented with a notice that an update is
> in progress and to not turn off power manually (it will occur automatically).
> The screen remains and the text flashes, but the update does not complete. I
> have left it undisturbed overnight and find this same condition the next day.
> This condition has repeated for several days. I have gone to the Microsoft
> update site and it tells me I have no updates to download, but that one is in
> progress.

> Hope you can help.

How? If you are trying to find out which update is being installed
use the ReportingEvents.log (or the Event Viewer's System log
filtering on Source: Windows Update Agent.) However, the
WindowsUpdate.log would give you more details about anything which
went wrong during those events. Ref. KB902093

---

DMEWoodland

Re: Windows update freezes on powerdown
Have the same problem after months of working properly, and after checking
closer it is associated to my "Sysetm Restore" now not working. A lot of the
updates do a system restore point before doing the update. So that is my hang
up. How do we get the "System Restore" to work again?