Windows Update Web-Page unavailable

Mscobra

Windows Update Web-Page unavailable
I'm running Windows XP SP2 on a Dell 2350 and I can't get to the Windows
Update page to download anything. When I click on tools and then windows
Update, the webpage goes directly to MSN.com. Everything I try goes to
MSN.com. I did a full format of my hard drive and loaded all the drivers,
only to find that I still have the same proplem. I also used Seagate Wipe
Clean to no avail. This Computer is also on a network to my laptop, and now
the laptop is doing the same thing..
I'm Running Avast Anti-Virus and use Spybot also. I have also been infected
with Antivirus2008, but I'll I did was do a system restore to a previous date.
Can anyone help me with this problem???

Re: Windows Update Web-Page unavailable
> ...This Computer is also on a network to my laptop, and now
> the laptop is doing the same thing..
> I'm Running Avast Anti-Virus and use Spybot also. I have also been
> infected
> with Antivirus2008, but I'll I did was do a system restore to a previous
> date.

Both machines may (still) be infected now!

I can *assure* you that System Restore did nothing to remove the infection!

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315

to an appropriate forum.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm