outlook express version 6, help please

kelly

outlook express version 6, help please
I see that I have a reply to my question in my email but it is a blind link,
I cannot find the answer to my question, is this a problem with this site, I
can click on some links in my email and they work just fine but I cannot do
it with this site or PC world, they alway's lead to blind links,I am using XP
home and I have just got my computer home from the repair shop.I have IE 7
and Norton internet security 2009 but do not think it is Norton or the other
links would not connect. Any ideas?
Hope I can find any replies to my question, I use this site quite a bit for
help.
TaurArian

RE: outlook express version 6, help please
You mean this response to the question you asked in
microsoft.public.windows.server.general

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...8-9a285c0db501

but are asking about in in the microsoft.public.windowsupdate

"kelly" wrote:

> I see that I have a reply to my question in my email but it is a blind link,
> I cannot find the answer to my question, is this a problem with this site, I
> can click on some links in my email and they work just fine but I cannot do
> it with this site or PC world, they alway's lead to blind links,I am using XP
> home and I have just got my computer home from the repair shop.I have IE 7
> and Norton internet security 2009 but do not think it is Norton or the other
> links would not connect. Any ideas?
> Hope I can find any replies to my question, I use this site quite a bit for
> help.

Gordon

"kelly" <kelly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I see that I have a reply to my question in my email but it is a blind
>link,
> I cannot find the answer to my question, is this a problem with this site,
> can click on some links in my email and they work just fine but I cannot
> do
> it with this site or PC world, they alway's lead to blind links,I am using
> XP
> home and I have just got my computer home from the repair shop.I have IE 7
> and Norton internet security 2009 but do not think it is Norton or the
> other
> links would not connect. Any ideas?

You will get a far better "experience" by dumping the horrible web interface
and using a proper news reader instead. You already have one on your
machine - Outlook Express prior to Windows Vista and Windows Mail and News
in Vista.

See this on how to set up Outlook express as your news reader: (I expect
Windows mail and News is horribly similar....)

How to set up OE as a News reader:
http://support.microsoft.com/default...64&product=oex
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...oups/setup.asp
http://www.gmayor.com/MSNews.htm