error code 80070005

Dee

error code 80070005
Error code 80070005 received when trying to do updates. The threads below are
very old and didn't resolve the problem. Any new information to correct the
problem?

Re: error code 80070005
Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) when
posting to this newsgroup, please.

Are you logged on as Administrator when attempting to "do updates"?

Possible fix if running WinXP SP2 or SP3:
http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/re...in-windows-xp/
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Dee wrote:
> Error code 80070005 received when trying to do updates. The threads below
> are very old and didn't resolve the problem. Any new information to
> correct the problem?

Dee

Re: error code 80070005
Window Vista SP2 x32

Yes, I'm signed in as Administrator while installing updates.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) when
> posting to this newsgroup, please.
>
> Are you logged on as Administrator when attempting to "do updates"?
>
> Possible fix if running WinXP SP2 or SP3:
> http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/re...in-windows-xp/
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> Dee wrote:
> > Error code 80070005 received when trying to do updates. The threads below
> > are very old and didn't resolve the problem. Any new information to
> > correct the problem?

brucereid is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: error code 80070005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee View Post

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) when
> posting to this newsgroup, please.
>
> Are you logged on as Administrator when attempting to "do updates"?
>
> Possible fix if running WinXP SP2 or SP3:
> Reset the Registry and the File Permissions in Windows XP - The Winhelponline Blog
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin AumHa Forums
> DTS-L Welcome to DTS-L
>
> Dee wrote:
> > Error code 80070005 received when trying to do updates. The threads below
> > are very old and didn't resolve the problem. Any new information to
> > correct the problem?

At least I can expect to get some relief now, the same problem has happened with me with the only difference being mine is (Win XP SP1). The same error message is also being displayed to me and I would like to get a fix for this. Thanks.
__________________
CD/DVD Printers
TaurArian

Re: error code 80070005
brucereid, please confirm what update/service pack you are trying to
install.

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

"brucereid" <brucereid.3hxhw4@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message

> Dee;1052447 Wrote:
>> Window Vista SP2 x32
>>
>> Yes, I'm signed in as Administrator while installing updates.
>>

>> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>>
>> > Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1)

>> when
>> > posting to this newsgroup, please.
>> >
>> > Are you logged on as Administrator when attempting to "do updates"?
>> >
>> > Possible fix if running WinXP SP2 or SP3:
>> > 'Reset the Registry and the File Permissions in Windows XP - The

>> Winhelponline Blog' (http://tinyurl.com/3q5jzt)
>> > --
>> > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> > MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002
>> > AumHa VSOP & Admin 'AumHa Forums' (http://aumha.net)
>> > DTS-L 'Welcome to DTS-L' (http://dts-l.net/)

>> below

> At least I can expect to get some relief now, the same problem has
> happened with me with the only difference being mine is (Win XP SP1).
> The same error message is also being displayed to me and I would like to
> get a fix for this. Thanks.
>

> --
> brucereid
>
> need some modifications

TaurArian

Re: error code 80070005
Dee, SP2 for Vista?

You could try resetting the security settings back to the defaults:
How to reset security settings back to the defaults
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/313222

Otherwise (assuming you mean SP1 for Vista) -

Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (All Languages)
Unlimited installation and compatibility support is available at no charge
until March 18, 2009.
https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...4&gprid=500921

Unlimited installation and compatibility support for Vista SP1 is available
at
no charge through 18 Mar-09
.. US:
.. CA:
.. UK:
.. AU:
.. Other: http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx

--

"Dee" <Dee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news0631957-FBF4-4BFD-A45B-A4709735E790@microsoft.com...
> Window Vista SP2 x32
>
> Yes, I'm signed in as Administrator while installing updates.
>

> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) when
>> posting to this newsgroup, please.
>>
>> Are you logged on as Administrator when attempting to "do updates"?
>>
>> Possible fix if running WinXP SP2 or SP3:
>> http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/re...in-windows-xp/
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>
>> Dee wrote:
>> > Error code 80070005 received when trying to do updates. The threads
>> > below
>> > are very old and didn't resolve the problem. Any new information to
>> > correct the problem?

Re: error code 80070005
There is not Vista SP2, Dee.

I'd recommend that you...

Support for Windows Update:

installing security updates.

your usual support contacts.
AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.net

Dee wrote:
> Window Vista SP2 x32
>
> Yes, I'm signed in as Administrator while installing updates.
>

> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) when
>> posting to this newsgroup, please.
>>
>> Are you logged on as Administrator when attempting to "do updates"?
>>
>> Possible fix if running WinXP SP2 or SP3:
>> http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/re...in-windows-xp/
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>
>> Dee wrote:
>>> Error code 80070005 received when trying to do updates. The threads
>>> below
>>> are very old and didn't resolve the problem. Any new information to
>>> correct the problem?

Re: error code 80070005
brucereid wrote:
<snip>
> At least I can expect to get some relief now, the same problem has
> happened with me with the only difference being mine is (Win XP SP1).
> The same error message is also being displayed to me and I would like to
> get a fix for this. Thanks.

Please begin a new thread about your issue, Bruce. State your full Windows
version (e.g., WinXP SP1) in your first post.