RE: Found New hardware Wizard keeps popping up

Pattaya

RE: Found New hardware Wizard keeps popping up
Me too. How come there is no help for this? I have read all over the internet
that there was a problem. There must of been an update that screwed
everything up. I bet they did this on purpose to get us to call them and pay
them that fee they charge.

"Paula" wrote:

> Recently none of the USB devices that used to work on my computer are
> recognized by Windows XP, after installing SP2. Also, drivers from new
> installs are not found even though I've just installed them. Can anyone tell
> me where XP stores these drivers so that I can direct the Wizard to look
> there. Secondly, why would this be happening in the first place?
> --
> Paula

MowGreen [MVP]

Re: Found New hardware Wizard keeps popping up
Sorry, MS does *not* charge for calls associated with installation or
compatibility issues from *Security* updates -

From *ALL* of the Security Bulletins. EX:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec.../MS08-067.mspx

> Support
> • Customers in the U.S. and Canada can receive technical support from Microsoft Product Support
> Services at 1-866-PCSAFETY. There is no charge for support calls that are associated with security
> updates.
> • International customers can receive support from their local Microsoft subsidiaries. There is no
> charge for support that is associated with security updates. For more information about how to
> contact Microsoft for support issues, visit the International Support Web site.
> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=21155

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2009]
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten