Re: error code 80073712
Problem solved!!!! fantastic! My HP laptop wouldn't backup for like a year,
but after reading this site i've overcome it!
I followed the instructions above, listed again below.
Note; I didn't change pending.xml to pending.bak - i just deleted it out of
my winsxs folder.
FOUND A SOLUTION: This is what I did to fix this issue on my
Vista-32bit (based on a solution I found on a website, but I can't
1) Open CMD prompt as Administrator
2) Enter the following: takeown /f C:\Windows\winsxs\pending.xml
3) Enter the following, and type in your username in the designated
place: cacls C:\Windows\winsxs\pending.xml /G <EnterUsernameHere>:F
4) Go to C:\Windows\winsxs\ and rename the pending.xml file to
5) Run Windows Update again, and you should be all set!