error code 80244019 on Vista

Anna

error code 80244019 on Vista
I started getting Error code 80244019 when updating Windows defender. Cannot
do any updating through my support/help on my pc.
The problem seems to be that my browser redirects the webadress; i.e. I
cannot enter the update.microsoft.com website, nor the go.microsoft.com
website. The pages are redirected to msn.com.
So therefore I can´t manually do any updating either. When I try to download
something, I only get "the page cannot be found".
I have searched for viruses etc, also in "felsäkert läge", in English maybe
in a secure mode? No viruses found, although I think I had some last week.
Even if they are no longer found, the problem is still here. I have done
Registry cleaning also, with Microsoft cleaning. The DNS adressing seems to
OK. Now I don´t know anything else to do.
I have Vista Home Premium.

Engel

RE: error code 80244019 on Vista
Hello Anna,

See <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918355/en-us> for possible help.
-=-

Go ahead and download\update from here
<http://www.microsoft.com/security/portal>

Go to the Microsoft address specified, and in the right column, download the
32-bit definitions.

Scan your computer now online and clean it for free!
<http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/tryscanner.htm>
-=-

<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315>
-=-

It seems possible that your Windows installation has been deliberately
damaged by a trojan (Vundo, along any uninvited guests. (SDBot and ZLOB, all
protected by a rootkit.)) so as to prevent you updating your system or
removing the trojan.

Your first priority must be to cleanse your PC of all malware.
-=-

A very good antimalware app is SUPERAntiSpyware.

There is a free version (on demand scanning only), the paid for version
includes active monitoring, similar to Windows defender:
<http://www.superantispyware.com/>
The trial version of SUPERAntiSpyware Pro (SAS):
<http://www.superantispyware.com/superantispywarefreevspro.html>
-=-

<http://wiki.castlecops.com/Malware_Removal_and_Prevention:_Introduction>
-=-

<http://wiki.castlecops.com/Malware_Removal_and_Prevention:_Overview>
-=-

<http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html>
-=-

Please follow the above sugestions

I hope this post is helpful.

Let us know how it works ºut.

Good luck

Ǝиçεl
-=-

"Anna" wrote:

> I started getting Error code 80244019 when updating Windows defender. Cannot
> do any updating through my support/help on my pc.
> The problem seems to be that my browser redirects the webadress; i.e. I
> cannot enter the update.microsoft.com website, nor the go.microsoft.com
> website. The pages are redirected to msn.com.
> So therefore I can´t manually do any updating either. When I try to download
> something, I only get "the page cannot be found".
> I have searched for viruses etc, also in "felsäkert läge", in English maybe
> in a secure mode? No viruses found, although I think I had some last week.
> Even if they are no longer found, the problem is still here. I have done
> Registry cleaning also, with Microsoft cleaning. The DNS adressing seems to
> OK. Now I don´t know anything else to do.
> I have Vista Home Premium.

Anna

RE: error code 80244019 on Vista
Hello Engel,
many thanks for your quick reply. The first links did not work/I had already
tried those, but because of the redirection of the web adress, I could not do
any of the upsating/support links. But the antispyware Superantispyware
removed something called something called Trojan DNS changer. I have tried
lots of antispyware etc, but this has not been found before. The files that
were removed were in Registry and was in system and dealt with TCPIP. Now the
updating works fine.
Many thanks again, Anna

"Engel" wrote:

> Hello Anna,
>
> See <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918355/en-us> for possible help.
> -=-
>
> Go ahead and download\update from here
> <http://www.microsoft.com/security/portal>
>
> Go to the Microsoft address specified, and in the right column, download the
> 32-bit definitions.
>
> Scan your computer now online and clean it for free!
> <http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/tryscanner.htm>
> -=-

> <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315>
> -=-
>
> It seems possible that your Windows installation has been deliberately
> damaged by a trojan (Vundo, along any uninvited guests. (SDBot and ZLOB, all
> protected by a rootkit.)) so as to prevent you updating your system or
> removing the trojan.
>
> Your first priority must be to cleanse your PC of all malware.
> -=-
>
> A very good antimalware app is SUPERAntiSpyware.
>
> There is a free version (on demand scanning only), the paid for version
> includes active monitoring, similar to Windows defender:
> <http://www.superantispyware.com/>
> The trial version of SUPERAntiSpyware Pro (SAS):
> <http://www.superantispyware.com/superantispywarefreevspro.html>
> -=-
>
> <http://wiki.castlecops.com/Malware_Removal_and_Prevention:_Introduction>
> -=-
>
> <http://wiki.castlecops.com/Malware_Removal_and_Prevention:_Overview>
> -=-
>
> <http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html>
> -=-
>

> Please follow the above sugestions
>

> I hope this post is helpful.
>
> Let us know how it works ºut.
>
> Good luck
>

> Ǝиçεl
> -=-
>

> "Anna" wrote:
>
> > I started getting Error code 80244019 when updating Windows defender. Cannot
> > do any updating through my support/help on my pc.
> > The problem seems to be that my browser redirects the webadress; i.e. I
> > cannot enter the update.microsoft.com website, nor the go.microsoft.com
> > website. The pages are redirected to msn.com.
> > So therefore I can´t manually do any updating either. When I try to download
> > something, I only get "the page cannot be found".
> > I have searched for viruses etc, also in "felsäkert läge", in English maybe
> > in a secure mode? No viruses found, although I think I had some last week.
> > Even if they are no longer found, the problem is still here. I have done
> > Registry cleaning also, with Microsoft cleaning. The DNS adressing seems to
> > OK. Now I don´t know anything else to do.
> > I have Vista Home Premium.

Engel

RE: error code 80244019 on Vista
Thanks for posting back Anna, it may also assist someone else with a similar
problem.

It helps if you mark your initial question as answered--that will enable
others searching for an answer to find a correct one more quickly.

Was this post helpful to you?
-=-

Thank you
-=-

"Anna" wrote:

> [...]
> > -=-
> >

> > "Anna" wrote:
> >
> > > I started getting Error code 80244019 when updating Windows defender. Cannot
> > > do any updating through my support/help on my pc.
> > > The problem seems to be that my browser redirects the webadress; i.e. I
> > > cannot enter the update.microsoft.com website, nor the go.microsoft.com
> > > website. The pages are redirected to msn.com.
> > > So therefore I can´t manually do any updating either. When I try to download
> > > something, I only get "the page cannot be found".
> > > I have searched for viruses etc, also in "felsäkert läge", in English maybe
> > > in a secure mode? No viruses found, although I think I had some last week.
> > > Even if they are no longer found, the problem is still here. I have done
> > > Registry cleaning also, with Microsoft cleaning. The DNS adressing seems to
> > > OK. Now I don´t know anything else to do.

Aslan

On Nov 28, 11:34*pm, CelloBob <CelloBob.3jl...@DoNotSpam.com> wrote:
> Hi, All,
>
> I have *been banging my head against the wall with this problem for
> days. I was able to remove the trojan DNS changes - but as soon as I
> would reboot the computer, the registry lines that had the offending DNS
> data would already be back. The cleaner program I was using was removing
> the bad entries - I finally checked in the registry before the reboot to
> make sure. I was getting re-infected.
>
> Here's what the problem turned out to be for me. The bad DNS entries
> had been written into my Linksys wireless router, and as a result as
> soon as my machine would connect to the internet, the bad DNS settings
> were back.
>
> If you have a Linksys router and you have not changed the router
> password from the default password ("admin") you probably have this
> problem. Log onto your router using the IP address that is in your
> instructions - it's probablyhttp://192.168.1.1/. Login will be "admin"
> user ID with a password of "admin". Once you are in, go change your
> password first. Then go into the "settings" screen and scroll down to
> the bottom. There are three lines for "static DNS". Change all of the
> numbers in those lines (on the right side of the page) to "0" and then
> save the settings. Exit the router setup and then re-try windows update.
> If it doesn't work, run the Malware remover program one more time, and
> then you should be OK.
>
> I found this in an article - it's a trojan from Ukraine that searches
> for routers with the default password, and then installs it's own DNS to
> force you through their servers. The infection isn't really on the PC -
> it's on the router.
>
> --
> CelloBob
> CelloBob's Profile:http://forums.techarena.in/members/cellobob.htm
> View this thread:http://forums.techarena.in/windows-update/1061436.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

Hello Cello Bob!
192. is Midlle East! is it Constant Ip or just Mask IP?
First! go to your internet Options! Change Security Levels!
second! Manage your Add-Ons! look For the Script of instaled Adds!
Probably There instaled ActiveX !!! --- Then Remove IT! Manually! it
is Malware or Adware nor Trojan!
or callme +971501422004
Aslan

On Oct 26, 1:01*pm, Anna <A...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> [...]

> > "Anna" wrote:

> > > I started getting Error code 80244019 when updating Windows defender.Cannot
> > > do any updating through my support/help on my pc.
> > > The problem seems to be that my browser redirects the webadress; i.e.I
> > > cannot enter the update.microsoft.com website, nor the go.microsoft.com
> > > website. The pages are redirected to msn.com.
> > > So therefore I can´t manually do any updating either. When I tryto download
> > > something, I only get "the page cannot be found".
> > > I have searched for viruses etc, also in "felsäkert läge", in English maybe
> > > in a secure mode? No viruses found, although I think I had some last week.
> > > Even if they are no longer found, the problem is still here. I have done
> > > Registry cleaning also, with Microsoft cleaning. The DNS adressing seems to
> > > OK. * Now I don´t know anything else to do. *
> > > I have Vista Home Premium.- Hide quoted text -

Hello Anna,
The Case is not serious! Every Antivirus finds some Kinda Viruses,
trojans-- it depends of Signature of the file!
Just simply try!
First! go to your internet Options! Change Security Levels!
second! Manage your Add-Ons! look For the Script of instaled Adds!
Probably There instaled ActiveX !!! --- Then Remove IT! Manually! it
is Malware or Adware nor Trojan!
or callme +971501422004
Twizzel

CelloBob;4102554 Wrote:
> Hi, All,
>
> I have been banging my head against the wall with this problem for
> days. I was able to remove the trojan DNS changes - but as soon as I
> would reboot the computer, the registry lines that had the offending DNS
> data would already be back. The cleaner program I was using was removing
> the bad entries - I finally checked in the registry before the reboot to
> make sure. I was getting re-infected.
>
> Here's what the problem turned out to be for me. The bad DNS entries
> had been written into my Linksys wireless router, and as a result as
> soon as my machine would connect to the internet, the bad DNS settings
> were back.
>
> If you have a Linksys router and you have not changed the router
> password from the default password ("admin") you probably have this
> problem. Log onto your router using the IP address that is in your
> instructions - it's probably http://192.168.1.1/. Login will be "admin"
> user ID with a password of "admin". Once you are in, go change your
> password first. Then go into the "settings" screen and scroll down to
> the bottom. There are three lines for "static DNS". Change all of the
> numbers in those lines (on the right side of the page) to "0" and then
> save the settings. Exit the router setup and then re-try windows update.
> If it doesn't work, run the Malware remover program one more time, and
> then you should be OK.
>
> I found this in an article - it's a trojan from Ukraine that searches
> for routers with the default password, and then installs it's own DNS to
> force you through their servers. The infection isn't really on the PC -
> it's on the router.

Hi cellobob.

Just like to say THANKYOU I have been banging my head too, I have a
netgear router followed your instrutions and it worked abeaut.

Merry christmas and have a good new year.. Twizzel.

--
Twizzel
Twizzel's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/twizzel.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-update/1061436.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

lee

"Anna" wrote:

> I started getting Error code 80244019 when updating Windows defender. Cannot
> do any updating through my support/help on my pc.
> The problem seems to be that my browser redirects the webadress; i.e. I
> cannot enter the update.microsoft.com website, nor the go.microsoft.com
> website. The pages are redirected to msn.com.
> So therefore I can´t manually do any updating either. When I try to download
> something, I only get "the page cannot be found".
> I have searched for viruses etc, also in "felsäkert läge", in English maybe
> in a secure mode? No viruses found, although I think I had some last week.
> Even if they are no longer found, the problem is still here. I have done
> Registry cleaning also, with Microsoft cleaning. The DNS adressing seems to
> OK. Now I don´t know anything else to do.
> I have Vista Home Premium.

niels

Twizzel;4132934 Wrote:
> Hi cellobob.
>
> Just like to say THANKYOU I have been banging my head too, I have a
> netgear router followed your instrutions and it worked abeaut.
>
> Merry christmas and have a good new year.. Twizzel.

Hi Bob and Twizzel,

your problem sounds very similar to mine (Malaware is removed, but
returns...), but as I try to reconfigure the settings of my router, it
shows that my router is only set as "dynamic DNS" and not as "static
DNS". As I am not a computer expert, I do not know whether this makes a
difference. Fact is I cannot find the "settings" page, and change the 3
StaticDNS lines to zero...

Of all the pages I have checked, your solution seems to be the most
promising. Would be very grateful for an answer! Many thanks in advance

Niels

--
niels
niels's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/niels.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-update/1061436.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Twizzel

Re: error code 80244019 on Vista

Hi Niels.

sorry I can not help. I just did as it said.