KB958644 causes my language bar disappear.

Mart

KB958644 causes my language bar disappear.
KB958644 causes my language bar disappear on my Vista Home Premium. Tried
many ways from website, but no help.
--
Thanks,

Re: KB958644 causes my language bar disappear.
Uninstall it; Reboot; Reinstall it & test.

Support for Windows Update:

to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB999999).

your usual support contacts.
AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.net

Mart wrote:
> KB958644 causes my language bar disappear on my Vista Home Premium. Tried
> many ways from website, but no help.

Mart

Re: KB958644 causes my language bar disappear.
I tried to uninstall, but nothing happened. Vista doesn't uninstall for me.
My notebook has only one account. I don't think it is permission issue.
I also tried to reinstall over it but no help.
Any idea?

--
Thanks,

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Uninstall it; Reboot; Reinstall it & test.

> Support for Windows Update:

> security updates. When you call, clearly state that your problem is related
> to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB999999).

> your usual support contacts.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.net
>
> Mart wrote:
> > KB958644 causes my language bar disappear on my Vista Home Premium. Tried
> > many ways from website, but no help.

Mart

Re: KB958644 causes my language bar disappear.
I did Unistall, reboot, reinstall it succesfully, No help. Any idea?

I found someone did Start Window with last good one in Safe Mode and fix the
problem. Is that I have reinstall other programs and lost some data?

Thanks,

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Uninstall it; Reboot; Reinstall it & test.

> Support for Windows Update:

> security updates. When you call, clearly state that your problem is related
> to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB999999).

> your usual support contacts.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.net
>
> Mart wrote:
> > KB958644 causes my language bar disappear on my Vista Home Premium. Tried
> > many ways from website, but no help.

Re: KB958644 causes my language bar disappear.
Open a free support incident ASAP, Mart. KB958644 is a VERY important
update to have installed; see
http://blogs.technet.com/mmpc/archiv...ected-now.aspx

Mart wrote:
> I did Unistall, reboot, reinstall it succesfully, No help. Any idea?
>
> I found someone did Start Window with last good one in Safe Mode and fix
> the
> problem. Is that I have reinstall other programs and lost some data?
>
> Thanks,
>

> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Uninstall it; Reboot; Reinstall it & test.

>> Support for Windows Update:

>> in
>> with
>> security updates. When you call, clearly state that your problem is
>> related to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g.,
>> KB999999).
>>
>> For more information about how to contact your local Microsoft subsidiary
>> for security update support issues, visit the International Support Web
>> site: http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx
>>
>> For enterprise customers, support for security updates is available
>> through
>> your usual support contacts.
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.net
>>
>> Mart wrote:
>>> KB958644 causes my language bar disappear on my Vista Home Premium.
>>> Tried
>>> many ways from website, but no help.

Robert Aldwinckle

"Mart" <Mart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A9BB1429-DFE8-48BB-922B-2996E5F10FD0@microsoft.com...
>I did Unistall, reboot, reinstall it succesfully, No help. Any idea?

Before reinstalling did you notice if your Language bar was back? ; }
If not, the update is probably not the reason for any problems
with that feature and in that case you may get more informed
help about it from a Vista specific newsgroup.

> I found someone did Start Window with last good one in Safe Mode and fix the
> problem. Is that I have reinstall other programs and lost some data?

Last Known Good? That essentially just undoes what changed in your registry
since your last boot.

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...1d1033.mspx#EI

(Live Search for
"last known good" Vista site:microsoft.com
)

FWIW I imagine that this problem is more ingrained in your registry
than can be fixed by that but again, posting in a Vista specific newsgroup
may elicit more informed opinion and suggestions.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---