Pesky MS Update Error

Puma

Pesky MS Update Error
When going to the Windows update site I get the following error message:
Error number: 0x80070002

When going to the fix, it does not list a solution for Vista. Only for:

Windows 2000
Windows XP
Windows Server 2003

How do I fix this problem?
Thanks to all who take the time to answer. : )

Re: Pesky MS Update Error
You receive a "0x80070002" or "0x80070003" error code after you download an
update from Windows Update, from Microsoft Update, or from Windows Server
Update Services:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910336

The above page doesn't reference any Windows version.

How to troubleshoot Windows Update, Microsoft Update, and Windows Server
Update Services installation issues:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/906602

Support for Windows Update:
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Puma wrote:
> When going to the Windows update site I get the following error message:
> Error number: 0x80070002
>
> When going to the fix, it does not list a solution for Vista. Only for:
>
> Windows 2000
> Windows XP
> Windows Server 2003
>
> How do I fix this problem?
> Thanks to all who take the time to answer. : )

Puma

Re: Pesky MS Update Error
I don't even make it pass the "Checking if your computer has the latest
version..." much less be able to download anything. I get just enough time to
know I am ON that page, lol

I'll look at your links to see if this helps me. Are there any other
solutions?
Thank you.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> You receive a "0x80070002" or "0x80070003" error code after you download an
> update from Windows Update, from Microsoft Update, or from Windows Server
> Update Services:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910336
>
> The above page doesn't reference any Windows version.
>
> How to troubleshoot Windows Update, Microsoft Update, and Windows Server
> Update Services installation issues:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/906602
>
> Support for Windows Update:
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> Puma wrote:
> > When going to the Windows update site I get the following error message:
> > Error number: 0x80070002
> >
> > When going to the fix, it does not list a solution for Vista. Only for:
> >
> > Windows 2000
> > Windows XP
> > Windows Server 2003
> >
> > How do I fix this problem?
> > Thanks to all who take the time to answer. : )

Puma

Re: Pesky MS Update Error
I tried your first suggestion: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910336
It didn't help. Am getting the same error message.

"Puma" wrote:

> I don't even make it pass the "Checking if your computer has the latest
> version..." much less be able to download anything. I get just enough time to
> know I am ON that page, lol
>
> I'll look at your links to see if this helps me. Are there any other
> solutions?
> Thank you.
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
> > You receive a "0x80070002" or "0x80070003" error code after you download an
> > update from Windows Update, from Microsoft Update, or from Windows Server
> > Update Services:
> > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910336
> >
> > The above page doesn't reference any Windows version.
> >
> > How to troubleshoot Windows Update, Microsoft Update, and Windows Server
> > Update Services installation issues:
> > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/906602
> >
> > Support for Windows Update:
> > http://support.microsoft.com/gp/wusupport
> > --
> > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> > MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002
> > AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> > DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
> >
> > Puma wrote:
> > > When going to the Windows update site I get the following error message:
> > > Error number: 0x80070002
> > >
> > > When going to the fix, it does not list a solution for Vista. Only for:
> > >
> > > Windows 2000
> > > Windows XP
> > > Windows Server 2003
> > >
> > > How do I fix this problem?
> > > Thanks to all who take the time to answer. : )

TaurArian

Re: Pesky MS Update Error
Automatic Updates and WindowsUpdate Reset tool
http://www.codeplex.com/aureset

Otherwise as PA Bear said -
>> > Support for Windows Update:
>> > http://support.microsoft.com/gp/wusupport

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

"Puma" <Puma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I tried your first suggestion: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910336
> It didn't help. Am getting the same error message.
>
> "Puma" wrote:
>
>> I don't even make it pass the "Checking if your computer has the latest
>> version..." much less be able to download anything. I get just enough
>> time to
>> know I am ON that page, lol
>>
>> I'll look at your links to see if this helps me. Are there any other
>> solutions?
>> Thank you.
>>
>> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>>
>> > You receive a "0x80070002" or "0x80070003" error code after you
>> > download an
>> > update from Windows Update, from Microsoft Update, or from Windows
>> > Server
>> > Update Services:
>> > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910336
>> >
>> > The above page doesn't reference any Windows version.
>> >
>> > How to troubleshoot Windows Update, Microsoft Update, and Windows
>> > Server
>> > Update Services installation issues:
>> > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/906602
>> >
>> > Support for Windows Update:
>> > http://support.microsoft.com/gp/wusupport
>> > --
>> > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> > MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002
>> > AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> > DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Puma

Re: Pesky MS Update Error
Thank you TauArian. I tried this as well without success. Nothing changed. I
am starting to see wits end in my near future. Is there anything else I can
do?

"TaurArian" wrote:

> Automatic Updates and WindowsUpdate Reset tool
> http://www.codeplex.com/aureset
>
> Otherwise as PA Bear said -

> --
>
> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
> http://taurarian.mvps.org
> Disclaimer: The information has been posted "as is" with no warranties or
> guarantees and doesn't give any rights.
>

> "Puma" <Puma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I tried your first suggestion: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910336
> > It didn't help. Am getting the same error message.
> >
> > "Puma" wrote:
> >
> >> I don't even make it pass the "Checking if your computer has the latest
> >> version..." much less be able to download anything. I get just enough
> >> time to
> >> know I am ON that page, lol
> >>
> >> I'll look at your links to see if this helps me. Are there any other
> >> solutions?
> >> Thank you.

Re: Pesky MS Update Error
Open a free support incident. See previous reply and...

to installing a Security Update.

your usual support contacts.
--
~PA Bear

Puma wrote:
> Thank you TauArian. I tried this as well without success. Nothing changed.
> am starting to see wits end in my near future. Is there anything else I
> can
> do?
>
> "TaurArian" wrote:
>
>> Automatic Updates and WindowsUpdate Reset tool
>> http://www.codeplex.com/aureset
>>
>> Otherwise as PA Bear said -

>> --
>>
>> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
>> http://taurarian.mvps.org
>> ======================================
>> How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
>> Disclaimer: The information has been posted "as is" with no warranties or
>> guarantees and doesn't give any rights.
>> Computer Maintenance: Acronis / Diskeeper / Paragon / Raxco
>>

>> "Puma" <Puma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> I tried your first suggestion: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910336
>>> It didn't help. Am getting the same error message.

MowGreen

Re: Pesky MS Update Error
How are you going to the Windows Update site when using Vista ?
Vista does not use the site to update, it updates automatically.

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2009]
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten