Re: update KB958644 has caused problem with my computer screen

Re: update KB958644 has caused problem with my computer screen
[Crossposted to WU newsgroup for statistical purposes]

Support for Windows Update:

to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB958644).

your usual support contacts.
AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.net

aviramof wrote:
> i have just installed this update and reseted the computer and all of a
> sudden my secondery screen was turned on as if he's the main screen i
> tried
> activating my main screen from the drivers options (catalyst) but with no
> luck it seem to be that the driver is no longer recognizing the fact that
> my
> main screen is the main the best i could do was to extend my secondery
> screen in order to activate the main any way i did a system restore to the
> restore point before installing this update and the problem was solved my
> screen is mag xj810 19 inch and my screen card is hd6350 sappire 512MB ati
> agp so please fix it and thanks in advance.

Susan Bradley

PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
> [Crossposted to WU newsgroup for statistical purposes]

> Support for Windows Update:
>
> For home users, no-charge support is available by calling 1-866-PCSAFETY
> in the United States and in Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft
> subsidiary. There is no-charge for support calls that are associated
> with security updates. When you call, clearly state that your problem
> is related to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g.,
> KB958644).
>
> For more information about how to contact your local Microsoft
> subsidiary for security update support issues, visit the International
> Support Web site: http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx
>
> For enterprise customers, support for security updates is available
> through your usual support contacts.

I doubt that the patch did this.

Try rebooting your box. Sometimes on dual screens they just freak out
during reboots.

Re: update KB958644 has caused problem with my computer screen
Why do you quote my reply??

Susan Bradley wrote:
> PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
>> [Crossposted to WU newsgroup for statistical purposes]

>> Support for Windows Update:

>> in the United States and in Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft
>> with security updates. When you call, clearly state that your problem
>> is related to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g.,
>> KB958644).
>>
>> For more information about how to contact your local Microsoft
>> subsidiary for security update support issues, visit the International
>> Support Web site: http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx
>>
>> For enterprise customers, support for security updates is available
>> through your usual support contacts.

> I doubt that the patch did this.
>
> Try rebooting your box. Sometimes on dual screens they just freak out
> during reboots.

MowGreen [MVP]

Re: update KB958644 has caused problem with my computer screen
Because you're so quotable ? <eg>
Actually, replying to the moved post does not include the original one
made to XP Gen. See below. Prolly something to do with a 'web-based' NG
reader.

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2009]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:

> Why do you quote my reply??
>
> Susan Bradley wrote:
>
>> PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
>>
>>> [Crossposted to WU newsgroup for statistical purposes]
>>>
>>> Start a free Windows Update support incident request:
>>> https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...spx?gprid=6527
>>>
>>> Support for Windows Update:
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/gp/wusupport
>>>
>>> For home users, no-charge support is available by calling 1-866-PCSAFETY
>>> in the United States and in Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft
>>> subsidiary. There is no-charge for support calls that are associated
>>> with security updates. When you call, clearly state that your problem
>>> is related to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g.,
>>> KB958644).
>>>
>>> For more information about how to contact your local Microsoft
>>> subsidiary for security update support issues, visit the International
>>> Support Web site: http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx
>>>
>>> For enterprise customers, support for security updates is available
>>> through your usual support contacts.

>> I doubt that the patch did this.
>>
>> Try rebooting your box. Sometimes on dual screens they just freak out
>> during reboots.

Harry Johnston [MVP]

MowGreen [MVP] wrote:

> Because you're so quotable ? <eg>
> Actually, replying to the moved post does not include the original one
> made to XP Gen. See below. Prolly something to do with a 'web-based' NG
> reader.

Thunderbird (and no doubt various other newsreaders) automatically exclude
everything after the signature line from the quoted text. Since PA Bear
top-posts, this means the text from the OP is excluded by default.

Harry.

Harry Johnston [MVP] wrote:
> MowGreen [MVP] wrote:
>
>> Because you're so quotable ? <eg>
>> Actually, replying to the moved post does not include the original one
>> made to XP Gen. See below. Prolly something to do with a 'web-based' NG
>> reader.

> Thunderbird (and no doubt various other newsreaders) automatically exclude
> everything after the signature line from the quoted text. Since PA Bear
> top-posts, this means the text from the OP is excluded by default.

One might proofread one's reply before hitting the SEND button, too. <eg>

Unknown

Re: update KB958644 has caused problem with my computer screen
Do you proofread?