NetFramework 3.5 not completely installed

drmsr

NetFramework 3.5 not completely installed
Have a HP tablet notebook running windows vista home premium. Trying to
install net framework 3.5 however, while the installer for 3.5 and the sp1
update show no errors when running diags find that the 2.0 sp1 and 3.0 sp1
are not installed yet on my windows ultimate vista desktop (hp) they are.
How can I fix this as OpenOffice 3 will not run until this is fixed.
I have uninstalled everything, used the MS cleanup utility, ccleaner and
tried to install in Vista Clean boot mode will all no MS services disabled.
Thanks,
Marc

Re: NetFramework 3.5 not completely installed
Always state your full Windows version (e.g.,Vista SP1) when posting to this
newsgroup, please.

1. Write down what .NET Framework versions are already installed before you
go uninstalling/removing any of them!

How to determine which versions of the .NET Framework are installed and
whether service packs have been applied
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318785

2. Now see Resolutions Methods 1 or 2 in
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923100 (ignore the title).

If no joy, see this related post by my colleague MowGreen:
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...76de7769d04493

NB: Save any of the downloads to your desktop, do not attempt to RUN them |
Right-click on the saved file and select Run as Administrator to install or
run one of the downloads.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

drmsr wrote:
> Have a HP tablet notebook running windows vista home premium. Trying to
> install net framework 3.5 however, while the installer for 3.5 and the sp1
> update show no errors when running diags find that the 2.0 sp1 and 3.0 sp1
> are not installed yet on my windows ultimate vista desktop (hp) they are.
> How can I fix this as OpenOffice 3 will not run until this is fixed.
> I have uninstalled everything, used the MS cleanup utility, ccleaner and
> tried to install in Vista Clean boot mode will all no MS services
> disabled.
> Thanks,
> Marc

drmsr

Re: NetFramework 3.5 not completely installed (Solved)
Thank you for your response.
I am running Vista Home Premium SP1
Turion X2 processor
HP TX2500 notebook (tablet)
3 GB RAM

I did try to use several different way to uninstall, each time both the
standard installer, clean up utility and the other uninstall net framework
utility reported that the netframework was uninstalled.
When I try to reinstall:
ver 1.0 not supported
1.1 installed
2.0 not installed
2.1 wants xp sp2
3.0 will not install so sp1 also will not.
3.5 installed without error
3.5 sp1 installed without error but using the small bat utility to look at
what is installed constantly got the error that 2.0 sp1 and 3.0sp1 not
installed.
Tried this many times including trying to do this using Vista clean boot,
none worked. Did see a comment about visual studio requiring netframework
and some found by installing it solved their problem, so I downloaded and
installed MS Visual Basic express edition,
registered the product and now netframework appears to be installed as my
OpenOffice 3 now works. The issue stared with OpenOffice failing to install
and then when finally installed failing to initialize with an error
indicating netframework was not installed correctly.
Not really sure why it worked with using visual studio, but it work now.
Thanks again for your help.
Marc

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Always state your full Windows version (e.g.,Vista SP1) when posting to this
> newsgroup, please.
>
> 1. Write down what .NET Framework versions are already installed before you
> go uninstalling/removing any of them!
>
> How to determine which versions of the .NET Framework are installed and
> whether service packs have been applied
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318785
>
> 2. Now see Resolutions Methods 1 or 2 in
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923100 (ignore the title).
>
> If no joy, see this related post by my colleague MowGreen:
> http://groups.google.com/group/micro...76de7769d04493
>
> NB: Save any of the downloads to your desktop, do not attempt to RUN them |
> Right-click on the saved file and select Run as Administrator to install or
> run one of the downloads.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> drmsr wrote:
> > Have a HP tablet notebook running windows vista home premium. Trying to
> > install net framework 3.5 however, while the installer for 3.5 and the sp1
> > update show no errors when running diags find that the 2.0 sp1 and 3.0 sp1
> > are not installed yet on my windows ultimate vista desktop (hp) they are.
> > How can I fix this as OpenOffice 3 will not run until this is fixed.
> > I have uninstalled everything, used the MS cleanup utility, ccleaner and
> > tried to install in Vista Clean boot mode will all no MS services
> > disabled.
> > Thanks,
> > Marc

Re: NetFramework 3.5 not completely installed (Solved)
You're welcome & thanks for your feedback.

>>> Thanks,
>>> Marc