Why does my Windows Update keeps updating and configuring?

Sean

Why does my Windows Update keeps updating and configuring?
My windows update keeps updating and configuring. I checked the program and
went into view history updates. All security updates keep failing several
times. what can I do?

Re: Why does my Windows Update keeps updating and configuring?
Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) when
posting to this newsgroup, please.

How to troubleshoot Windows Update, Microsoft Update, and Windows Server
Update Services installation issues:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/906602

1. See the "Need more help? Tell us what problem you are having" section of
http://support.microsoft.com/ph/6527

2. You cannot install some updates or programs
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822798

3a. Check your WindowsUpdate.log (%windir%\WindowsUpdate.log) for errors
associated with the download/install.

How to read the WindowsUpdate.log file
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/902093

3b. Compare errors to those listed here:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/blog...showentry=1122
and/or go to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com > click on Help and Support
link in left pane > Solve problems on your own.

Support for Windows Update:
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Sean wrote:
> My windows update keeps updating and configuring. I checked the program
> and
> went into view history updates. All security updates keep failing several
> times. what can I do?

Sean

Re: Why does my Windows Update keeps updating and configuring?
Windows Vista SP1

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) when
> posting to this newsgroup, please.
>
> How to troubleshoot Windows Update, Microsoft Update, and Windows Server
> Update Services installation issues:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/906602
>
> 1. See the "Need more help? Tell us what problem you are having" section of
> http://support.microsoft.com/ph/6527
>
> 2. You cannot install some updates or programs
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822798
>
> 3a. Check your WindowsUpdate.log (%windir%\WindowsUpdate.log) for errors
> associated with the download/install.
>
> How to read the WindowsUpdate.log file
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/902093
>
> 3b. Compare errors to those listed here:
> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/blog...showentry=1122
> and/or go to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com > click on Help and Support
> link in left pane > Solve problems on your own.

> Support for Windows Update:
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> Sean wrote:
> > My windows update keeps updating and configuring. I checked the program
> > and
> > went into view history updates. All security updates keep failing several
> > times. what can I do?

Re: Why does my Windows Update keeps updating and configuring?
Keep reading.

Did you install Vista SP1 manually or via Windows Update?
--
~PA Bear

Sean wrote:
> Windows Vista SP1
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) when
>> posting to this newsgroup, please.
>>
>> How to troubleshoot Windows Update, Microsoft Update, and Windows Server
>> Update Services installation issues:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/906602
>>
>> 1. See the "Need more help? Tell us what problem you are having" section
>> of
>> http://support.microsoft.com/ph/6527
>>
>> 2. You cannot install some updates or programs
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822798
>>
>> 3a. Check your WindowsUpdate.log (%windir%\WindowsUpdate.log) for errors
>> associated with the download/install.
>>
>> How to read the WindowsUpdate.log file
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/902093
>>
>> 3b. Compare errors to those listed here:
>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/blog...showentry=1122
>> and/or go to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com > click on Help and
>> Support
>> link in left pane > Solve problems on your own.

>> Support for Windows Update:
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>
>> Sean wrote:
>>> My windows update keeps updating and configuring. I checked the program
>>> and
>>> went into view history updates. All security updates keep failing
>>> several
>>> times. what can I do?

TaurArian

Re: Why does my Windows Update keeps updating and configuring?
Adding:

Find an update for Windows that has failed to install, and then double-click
the update to view more information.

Updates that have failed to install will display Failed under Status, next
to the update name (as you are now aware).

In the Windows Update dialog box, next to Error details, review the error
code for the failed update.

Either follow the links in the Windows Update dialog box under More
Information or Help and Support to try to fix the problem, and then try
installing updates again by using Windows Update in Control Panel or post
back with the error code so perhaps someone may be able to assist further
plus with the additional information PA Bear requested.

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org