Stopping an update

Bill

Stopping an update
I keep getting an update for Microsoft .Net Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1. It
always fails and shows up again later. I don't use Framework, so how can I
stop this update from reocurring?
JS

Re: Stopping an update
You may not be a software developer but it's entirely possible that one or
more of the applications you installed on your PC requires .NET Framework.

There are two way to check to see if .NET is in fact installed on your PC.
1) Go to Add/Remove Programs and see if it's in the list.
2) .NET is located on your hard drive here:
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705
The v1.0.3705 is the version number, you may have a different number or more
than one, if so please post back.

JS
http://www.pagestart.com

"Bill" <Bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I keep getting an update for Microsoft .Net Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1.
>It
> always fails and shows up again later. I don't use Framework, so how can I
> stop this update from reocurring?

Bill

Re: Stopping an update
JS - You were right. It is in the programs list, I never figured it was used
in something else. That update still fails every time, I am not sure why that
is happening. Thanks for your help.

"JS" wrote:

> You may not be a software developer but it's entirely possible that one or
> more of the applications you installed on your PC requires .NET Framework.
>
> There are two way to check to see if .NET is in fact installed on your PC.
> 1) Go to Add/Remove Programs and see if it's in the list.
> 2) .NET is located on your hard drive here:
> C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705
> The v1.0.3705 is the version number, you may have a different number or more
> than one, if so please post back.
>
> JS
> http://www.pagestart.com
>

> "Bill" <Bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I keep getting an update for Microsoft .Net Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1.
> >It
> > always fails and shows up again later. I don't use Framework, so how can I
> > stop this update from reocurring?

JS

Re: Stopping an update
You can download the service pack from the link below
to any temporary folder.
"Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1:"

After you download the file "NDP1.1sp1-KB867460-X86.exe",
just double click to install it.

As for why you keep getting the Windows Update notification,
I simply don't know.

If the download file fails to install you may need to remove .NET
using Add/Remove in the Control panel and reinstall .NET 1.1
and then install the service Pack.

Microsoft .NET Framework Version 1.1 Redistributable Package

> JS - You were right. It is in the programs list, I never figured it was
> used
> in something else. That update still fails every time, I am not sure why
> that
> is happening. Thanks for your help.
>
> "JS" wrote:
>
>> You may not be a software developer but it's entirely possible that one
>> or
>> more of the applications you installed on your PC requires .NET
>> Framework.
>>
>> There are two way to check to see if .NET is in fact installed on your
>> PC.
>> 1) Go to Add/Remove Programs and see if it's in the list.
>> 2) .NET is located on your hard drive here:
>> C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705
>> The v1.0.3705 is the version number, you may have a different number or
>> more
>> than one, if so please post back.
>>
>> JS
>> http://www.pagestart.com
>>

>> "Bill" <Bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I keep getting an update for Microsoft .Net Framework 1.1 Service Pack
>> >1.
>> >It
>> > always fails and shows up again later. I don't use Framework, so how
>> > can I
>> > stop this update from reocurring?

Bill

Re: Stopping an update
JS - That worked like a charm. The download failed again so I uninstalled 1.1
and loaded it up again. Ran the update and voila, it worked. Thanks a lot for
all your help.

"JS" wrote:

> You can download the service pack from the link below
> to any temporary folder.
> "Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1:"
>
> After you download the file "NDP1.1sp1-KB867460-X86.exe",
> just double click to install it.
>
> As for why you keep getting the Windows Update notification,
> I simply don't know.
>
> If the download file fails to install you may need to remove .NET
> using Add/Remove in the Control panel and reinstall .NET 1.1
> and then install the service Pack.
>
> Microsoft .NET Framework Version 1.1 Redistributable Package
>
> JS
> http://www.pagestart.com
>

> "Bill" <Bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > JS - You were right. It is in the programs list, I never figured it was
> > used
> > in something else. That update still fails every time, I am not sure why
> > that
> > is happening. Thanks for your help.
> >
> > "JS" wrote:
> >
> >> You may not be a software developer but it's entirely possible that one
> >> or
> >> more of the applications you installed on your PC requires .NET
> >> Framework.
> >>
> >> There are two way to check to see if .NET is in fact installed on your
> >> PC.
> >> 1) Go to Add/Remove Programs and see if it's in the list.
> >> 2) .NET is located on your hard drive here:
> >> C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705
> >> The v1.0.3705 is the version number, you may have a different number or
> >> more
> >> than one, if so please post back.
> >>
> >> JS
> >> http://www.pagestart.com