Error 8007371B on update KB956391

Melly S

Error 8007371B on update KB956391
Windows Vista 32 bit premium... keeps failing and I have tried manually
downloading and installing, disabling anti-virus...

Any suggestions would be helpful?
Melly S

RE: Error 8007371B on update KB956391
Oh - and installing Service pack one and every other update AFTER it doesn't
seem to work either

"Melly S" wrote:

> Windows Vista 32 bit premium... keeps failing and I have tried manually
> downloading and installing, disabling anti-virus...
>
> Any suggestions would be helpful?

TaurArian

Re: Error 8007371B on update KB956391
Description of the System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Vista
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821
0x8007371B ERROR_SXS_TRANSACTION_CLOSURE_INCOMPLETE One or more required
members of the transaction are not present.

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

"Melly S" <MellyS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Oh - and installing Service pack one and every other update AFTER it
> doesn't
> seem to work either
>
> "Melly S" wrote:
>
>> Windows Vista 32 bit premium... keeps failing and I have tried manually
>> downloading and installing, disabling anti-virus...
>>
>> Any suggestions would be helpful?

Melly S

Re: Error 8007371B on update KB956391
*sigh* that update also errors out..

"TaurArian" wrote:

> Description of the System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Vista
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821
> 0x8007371B ERROR_SXS_TRANSACTION_CLOSURE_INCOMPLETE One or more required
> members of the transaction are not present.
>
> --
>
> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
> http://taurarian.mvps.org
> Disclaimer: The information has been posted "as is" with no warranties or
> guarantees and doesn't give any rights.
>

> "Melly S" <MellyS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Oh - and installing Service pack one and every other update AFTER it
> > doesn't
> > seem to work either
> >
> > "Melly S" wrote:
> >
> >> Windows Vista 32 bit premium... keeps failing and I have tried manually
> >> downloading and installing, disabling anti-virus...
> >>
> >> Any suggestions would be helpful?

TaurArian

Re: Error 8007371B on update KB956391
To contact Microsoft for support issues, visit the International Support Web
site:
https://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx
To make sure you receive the appropriate support information for your
location, select your region setting from the list and then click the arrow
button

--

> *sigh* that update also errors out..
>
> "TaurArian" wrote:
>
>> Description of the System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Vista
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821
>> 0x8007371B ERROR_SXS_TRANSACTION_CLOSURE_INCOMPLETE One or more
>> required
>> members of the transaction are not present.
>>
>> --
>>
>> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
>> http://taurarian.mvps.org
>> ======================================
>> How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
>> Disclaimer: The information has been posted "as is" with no warranties or
>> guarantees and doesn't give any rights.
>> Computer Maintenance: Acronis / Diskeeper / Paragon / Raxco
>>

>> "Melly S" <MellyS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Oh - and installing Service pack one and every other update AFTER it
>> > doesn't
>> > seem to work either

Melly S

Re: Error 8007371B on update KB956391
bleh... it's out of hte support period... probably easier to just wipe it and
reinstall *sigh*

"TaurArian" wrote:

> To contact Microsoft for support issues, visit the International Support Web
> site:
> https://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx
> To make sure you receive the appropriate support information for your
> location, select your region setting from the list and then click the arrow
> button
>
> --
>
> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
> http://taurarian.mvps.org
> Disclaimer: The information has been posted "as is" with no warranties or
> guarantees and doesn't give any rights.
>

> "Melly S" <MellyS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > *sigh* that update also errors out..
> >
> > "TaurArian" wrote:
> >
> >> Description of the System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Vista
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821
> >> 0x8007371B ERROR_SXS_TRANSACTION_CLOSURE_INCOMPLETE One or more
> >> required
> >> members of the transaction are not present.
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
> >> http://taurarian.mvps.org
> >> ======================================
> >> How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
> >> Disclaimer: The information has been posted "as is" with no warranties or
> >> guarantees and doesn't give any rights.
> >> Computer Maintenance: Acronis / Diskeeper / Paragon / Raxco

Harry Johnston [MVP]

Melly S wrote:

> bleh... it's out of hte support period... probably easier to just wipe it and
> reinstall *sigh*

If the problems relate to a security update, free support is available indefinitely.

Harry.
Robert Aldwinckle

"Melly S" <MellyS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:448C2361-8844-48F6-BE27-9AF31C97254D@microsoft.com...
> *sigh* that update also errors out..

I suspect you missed the point of the link.
It doesn't look like an "update" to me.
It looks like a download that you would install and use
to supplement any diagnostics that you are currently seeing.

Hence, if you ran the tool you would probably need to inspect
the logs the article says it produces and show us what they say
if you need more help.

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
---