Vista SP1-error 800B0100

HanLee

Vista SP1-error 800B0100
I've been trying to install SP1 on my Vista Home Premium PC for the last 6
weeks! and always get this 800B0100 error.
After having, without success, tried every way to solve this problem myself
I contacted Microsoft Support.
They tried everything to find a way to install SP1, their advice was
reinstallation of the O.S.!
I installed the System Update Readiness Tool, in the CBS-Checksur it said:
MUM-missing total count:4 - SMI Extra Registry Key-missing total count:3.
(The access to CBS/Logs was denied).
All the other monthly updates are downloaded and installed without the
slightest problem.
Should I just forget this SP1, or does anyone know the solution for this
problem?
Thanks for your help and/or advice.
Regards, HanLee

Re: Vista SP1-error 800B0100
Is SP1 being offered by Windows Update or are you attempting to install it
manually?

When did you download/run the System Update Readiness (CheckSUR) Tool
(KB947821)?

> I contacted Microsoft Support.
> They tried everything to find a way to install SP1, their advice was
> reinstallation of the O.S.!

Best to follow their recommendation then.

> Should I just forget this SP1...?

I wouldn't.

1. Free support for Vista SP1 installation issues is only available until 18
Mar-09

.. US:

.. CA:

.. UK:

.. AU:

.. Other: http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx | select Windows
Vista | select Windows Vista Service Pack 1

2. Vista SP1 must be installed by March 2010 or no further updates will be
offered to the machine.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

HanLee wrote:
> I've been trying to install SP1 on my Vista Home Premium PC for the last 6
> weeks! and always get this 800B0100 error.
> After having, without success, tried every way to solve this problem
> myself
> I contacted Microsoft Support.
> They tried everything to find a way to install SP1, their advice was
> reinstallation of the O.S.!
> I installed the System Update Readiness Tool, in the CBS-Checksur it said:
> MUM-missing total count:4 - SMI Extra Registry Key-missing total count:3.
> (The access to CBS/Logs was denied).
> All the other monthly updates are downloaded and installed without the
> slightest problem.
> Should I just forget this SP1, or does anyone know the solution for this
> problem?
> Thanks for your help and/or advice.
> Regards, HanLee

HanLee

Re: Vista SP1-error 800B0100
SP1 is offered by Windows Update and as the installation repeatedly failed,
I tried to install the one offered by Microsoft Support.
I downloaded and ran the Checksur Tool 3 days ago ( Okt.20th).
Why is this error preventing installation of SP1? and what does trust_no
signature mean?
Do the missing items in Checksur show that the P.C's backup file is
corrupt?
HanLee

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> schreef in bericht
> Is SP1 being offered by Windows Update or are you attempting to install it
> manually?
>
> When did you download/run the System Update Readiness (CheckSUR) Tool
> (KB947821)?
>
>> I contacted Microsoft Support.
>> They tried everything to find a way to install SP1, their advice was
>> reinstallation of the O.S.!

> Best to follow their recommendation then.
>
>> Should I just forget this SP1...?

> I wouldn't.
>
> 1. Free support for Vista SP1 installation issues is only available until
> 18 Mar-09
>
> . US:
>
> . CA:
>
> . UK:
>
> . AU:
>
> . Other: http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx | select Windows
> Vista | select Windows Vista Service Pack 1
>
> 2. Vista SP1 must be installed by March 2010 or no further updates will be
> offered to the machine.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> HanLee wrote:
>> I've been trying to install SP1 on my Vista Home Premium PC for the last
>> 6
>> weeks! and always get this 800B0100 error.
>> After having, without success, tried every way to solve this problem
>> myself
>> I contacted Microsoft Support.
>> They tried everything to find a way to install SP1, their advice was
>> reinstallation of the O.S.!
>> I installed the System Update Readiness Tool, in the CBS-Checksur it
>> said:
>> MUM-missing total count:4 - SMI Extra Registry Key-missing total count:3.
>> (The access to CBS/Logs was denied).
>> All the other monthly updates are downloaded and installed without the
>> slightest problem.
>> Should I just forget this SP1, or does anyone know the solution for this
>> problem?
>> Thanks for your help and/or advice.
>> Regards, HanLee

Re: Vista SP1-error 800B0100
HanLee, I do not and cannot fathom why you're getting the error or cannot
install SP1. Either contact MS Support again or take their previous
recommendation and reinstall Vista.

I suspect that a hijackware infection may be causing the problem.

Good luck.

HanLee wrote:
> SP1 is offered by Windows Update and as the installation repeatedly
> failed,
> I tried to install the one offered by Microsoft Support.
> I downloaded and ran the Checksur Tool 3 days ago ( Okt.20th).
> Why is this error preventing installation of SP1? and what does trust_no
> signature mean?
> Do the missing items in Checksur show that the P.C's backup file is
> corrupt?
> HanLee
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> schreef in bericht
>> Is SP1 being offered by Windows Update or are you attempting to install
>> it
>> manually?
>>
>> When did you download/run the System Update Readiness (CheckSUR) Tool
>> (KB947821)?
>>
>>> I contacted Microsoft Support.
>>> They tried everything to find a way to install SP1, their advice was
>>> reinstallation of the O.S.!

>> Best to follow their recommendation then.
>>
>>> Should I just forget this SP1...?

>> I wouldn't.
>>
>> 1. Free support for Vista SP1 installation issues is only available until
>> 18 Mar-09
>>
>> . US:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...4&gprid=500921
>>
>> . CA:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...4&gprid=500921
>>
>> . UK:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...4&gprid=500921
>>
>> . AU:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...4&gprid=500921
>>
>> . Other: http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx | select Windows
>> Vista | select Windows Vista Service Pack 1
>>
>> 2. Vista SP1 must be installed by March 2010 or no further updates will
>> be
>> offered to the machine.
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>
>> HanLee wrote:
>>> I've been trying to install SP1 on my Vista Home Premium PC for the last
>>> 6
>>> weeks! and always get this 800B0100 error.
>>> After having, without success, tried every way to solve this problem
>>> myself
>>> I contacted Microsoft Support.
>>> They tried everything to find a way to install SP1, their advice was
>>> reinstallation of the O.S.!
>>> I installed the System Update Readiness Tool, in the CBS-Checksur it
>>> said:
>>> MUM-missing total count:4 - SMI Extra Registry Key-missing total
>>> count:3.
>>> (The access to CBS/Logs was denied).
>>> All the other monthly updates are downloaded and installed without the
>>> slightest problem.
>>> Should I just forget this SP1, or does anyone know the solution for this
>>> problem?
>>> Thanks for your help and/or advice.
>>> Regards, HanLee

HanLee