HPProduct Assistant error message -Request CD

BJ

HPProduct Assistant error message -Request CD
I'm using XP (home edition) and SP3

Within the last month whenever I rebot I receive the following message on my
desktop:
1) Windows Installer
2) Please wait while Windows configures HPProduct Assistant
3)Insert CD-ROM HPProduct Assistant disk

"I do not have a HPProduct CD"

I must continually hit Cancel until I can go further
Note: I have spent approximately two weeks with microsoft support.
They have talked me through using HighJackThis
and now MS has sent me back to HP to no avail.

Observation: I did not have this problem with SP2.
In disperation yesterday I uninstalled SP3 with the thought of going back to
SP2. SP2 is not readily available to me so I have reinstalled SP3 and I am
still having the same problem.

Vincenzo Di Russo [MVP]

Re: HPProduct Assistant error message -Request CD
BJ wrote:

> I'm using XP (home edition) and SP3
>
> Within the last month whenever I rebot I receive the following message on
> my desktop:
> 1) Windows Installer
> 2) Please wait while Windows configures HPProduct Assistant
> 3)Insert CD-ROM HPProduct Assistant disk
>
> "I do not have a HPProduct CD"
>
> I must continually hit Cancel until I can go further
> Note: I have spent approximately two weeks with microsoft support.
> They have talked me through using HighJackThis
> and now MS has sent me back to HP to no avail.
>
> Observation: I did not have this problem with SP2.
> In disperation yesterday I uninstalled SP3 with the thought of going back
> to SP2. SP2 is not readily available to me so I have reinstalled SP3 and
> I am still having the same problem.

See if this helps:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...857352&dlc=en#

--
Vincenzo Di Russo

BJ

Re: HPProduct Assistant error message -Request CD
Hi Vincenzo:
This unfortunately did not solve my problem.

I could not use Solution #1 in the documentation,
so I used Solution #2. There was a security UPdate which I downloaded but
the Event Handler Patch for HP Product Assistant COL13076 did not come up.
When I attempted to run HPUpdate again it tells me that my system is Up to
date.
The problem still persists.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

BJ wrote:

> Hi Vincenzo:
> This unfortunately did not solve my problem.
>
> I could not use Solution #1 in the documentation,
> so I used Solution #2. There was a security UPdate which I downloaded but
> the Event Handler Patch for HP Product Assistant COL13076 did not come up.
> When I attempted to run HPUpdate again it tells me that my system is Up to
> date.
> The problem still persists.
>
> Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Windows Installer CleanUp Utility:
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=290301
Download:
http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...bd/msicuu2.exe

Try removing all HP software.

--
Vincenzo Di Russo

> "Vincenzo Di Russo [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> BJ wrote:
>>
>>> I'm using XP (home edition) and SP3
>>>
>>> Within the last month whenever I rebot I receive the following message
>>> on my desktop:
>>> 1) Windows Installer
>>> 2) Please wait while Windows configures HPProduct Assistant
>>> 3)Insert CD-ROM HPProduct Assistant disk
>>>
>>> "I do not have a HPProduct CD"
>>>
>>> I must continually hit Cancel until I can go further
>>> Note: I have spent approximately two weeks with microsoft support.
>>> They have talked me through using HighJackThis
>>> and now MS has sent me back to HP to no avail.
>>>
>>> Observation: I did not have this problem with SP2.
>>> In disperation yesterday I uninstalled SP3 with the thought of going
>>> back to SP2. SP2 is not readily available to me so I have reinstalled
>>> SP3 and I am still having the same problem.

>> See if this helps:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...857352&dlc=en#

>> --
>> Vincenzo Di Russo
>> Microsoft® MVP - Most Valuable Professional since 2003
>> Windows Internet Explorer, Windows Desktop Experience & Security
>> My MVP Profile: https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Vincenzo
>> My Blog: http://blogs.dotnethell.it/vincent/

BJ

Re: HPProduct Assistant error message -Request CD
Hello Vincenzo:

Thank you very much Using the Installer CleanUp Untility to remove all HP
software did the trick.

Thanks again!
BJ

BJ wrote:

> Hello Vincenzo:

Ciao BJ.

> Thank you very much Using the Installer CleanUp Untility to remove all HP
> software did the trick.

Great.

> Thanks again!

YW. Glad to help and thank you for your feedback, BJ.

--
Vincenzo Di Russo