Windows Update does not install correctly

PHB

Windows Update does not install correctly
Hi
Problem Description: When I down load and install the following updates, I
cannot get on the internet using Internet Explorer or Firefox or anything
else.
I then have to go to my control panel then open system properties, then open
hardware then open device manager and find the drivers to the following
downloads for e.g. Network adapters, then click on properties and update the
drivers using the search function to choose drivers from a list.

Also when the automatic update system starts it can download and install the
VIA - Network - VIA Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adapter.

But when I visit the windows update its still there telling me I need the
update I have even selected the updates individually and checked the boxes
so that I dont see the updates anymore but then when I close down my system
and start windows update again there they are again? Whats going on

The following are the downloads and instalations that are causing the
problems?
As you can see they are ready to install but fail to.

Creative Creative Game Port
Creative - Sound - Creative Game Port
Download size: 0 KB , 0 minutes (Downloaded; ready to install)
Creative Sound software update released in January, 2003 Details...
Don't show this update again

Microsoft HID Non-User Input Data Filter
Microsoft - Other hardware - HID Non-User Input Data Filter
Download size: 0 KB , 0 minutes (Downloaded; ready to install)
Microsoft Other hardware software update released in January, 2007
Details...
Don't show this update again

Samsung SyncMaster 910V/910M/913V/915V
Samsung Electronics CO., LTD. - Monitors - SyncMaster 910V/910M/913V/915V
Download size: 0 KB , 0 minutes (Downloaded; ready to install)
Samsung monitor software update released on July 20 2004. Details...
Don't show this update again

VIA Technologies, Inc. VIA Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adapter
VIA - Network - VIA Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adapter
Download size: 0 KB , 0 minutes (Downloaded; ready to install)
VIA Network software update released in June, 2008 Details...
Don't show this update again

VIA Technologies, Inc. Vinyl AC'97 Codec Combo Driver (WDM)
VIA Technologies, Inc. - Sound - Vinyl AC'97 Codec Combo Driver (WDM)
Download size: 0 KB , 0 minutes (Downloaded; ready to install)
VIA Technologies, Inc. Sound sofware update released in August, 2006
Details...
Don't show this update again

If I down load these updates I will be going round and round in circles,
forever going to my control panel updating the drivers and then back to
microsoft update and downloading them all over again and again and again.

Please can you help.

Regards
Paul
Operating System: WindowsXP
--
PHB

Re: Windows Update does not install correctly
Hide each of those updates. Get driver updates from the device or computer
manufacturer instead.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/