2007 MS Office Suite SP1

DaveW

2007 MS Office Suite SP1
I'm running WSUS 3.0. In my Products and Classification I added Office 2007
yesterday because I have added some Office 2007 products to a few machines.

This morning I had many new updates to do with Office 2007 and several of
them refer to 2007 MS Office Suite SP1 as being an update that supercedes
them. However, the 2007 SP1 update does not appear on my list of updates. I
went back to the Products and Classification and made sure Service Packs were
selected (and they were already).

I did a search for the update by name and it did find it somewhere within
WSUS and I can go ahead and approve it from the search results screen but I
can't "see" it anywhere in any of my groupings of updates, not even in my All
Updates view. From the web I can see that the update is actually KB936982
but when I turn on the KB column in my All Updates view this KB does not show
up.

Why is this update not being displayed?? I'm suspecting it's because the
name starts with 2007 but this is just a guess.

Any help would be appreciated.

Dave
MowGreen [MVP]

Re: 2007 MS Office Suite SP1
It would behoove you to post this issue to the WSUS newsgroup, Dave.
This newsgroup, Windows Update, is for client updating issues.

http://www.microsoft.com/communities... date_services

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2009]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

DaveW wrote:

> I'm running WSUS 3.0. In my Products and Classification I added Office 2007
> yesterday because I have added some Office 2007 products to a few machines.
>
> This morning I had many new updates to do with Office 2007 and several of
> them refer to 2007 MS Office Suite SP1 as being an update that supercedes
> them. However, the 2007 SP1 update does not appear on my list of updates. I
> went back to the Products and Classification and made sure Service Packs were
> selected (and they were already).
>
> I did a search for the update by name and it did find it somewhere within
> WSUS and I can go ahead and approve it from the search results screen but I
> can't "see" it anywhere in any of my groupings of updates, not even in my All
> Updates view. From the web I can see that the update is actually KB936982
> but when I turn on the KB column in my All Updates view this KB does not show
> up.
>
> Why is this update not being displayed?? I'm suspecting it's because the
> name starts with 2007 but this is just a guess.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Dave

DaveW

Re: 2007 MS Office Suite SP1
Sorry, I guess I got the wrong spot. Anyway, the 2007 SP1 update showed up
in my list all by itself about 2 hours after I did the post.

Dave

"MowGreen [MVP]" wrote:

> It would behoove you to post this issue to the WSUS newsgroup, Dave.
> This newsgroup, Windows Update, is for client updating issues.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities... date_services
>
> MowGreen [MVP 2003-2009]
> ===============
> *-343-* FDNY
> Never Forgotten
> ===============
>

> DaveW wrote:
>
> > I'm running WSUS 3.0. In my Products and Classification I added Office 2007
> > yesterday because I have added some Office 2007 products to a few machines.
> >
> > This morning I had many new updates to do with Office 2007 and several of
> > them refer to 2007 MS Office Suite SP1 as being an update that supercedes
> > them. However, the 2007 SP1 update does not appear on my list of updates. I
> > went back to the Products and Classification and made sure Service Packs were
> > selected (and they were already).
> >
> > I did a search for the update by name and it did find it somewhere within
> > WSUS and I can go ahead and approve it from the search results screen but I
> > can't "see" it anywhere in any of my groupings of updates, not even in my All
> > Updates view. From the web I can see that the update is actually KB936982
> > but when I turn on the KB column in my All Updates view this KB does not show
> > up.
> >
> > Why is this update not being displayed?? I'm suspecting it's because the
> > name starts with 2007 but this is just a guess.
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated.
> >
> > Dave

MowGreen [MVP]

Re: 2007 MS Office Suite SP1
Perhaps just posting in this newsgroup resolved the issue, Dave? <w>

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2009]
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten