Windows Update ALWAYS FAILS

Scott

Windows Update ALWAYS FAILS
I have a brand spanking new Lenovo Thinkpad T400 that ran all the initial
updates after unboxing, then just would not run the last 7 updates. I've
tried running them one at a time, still fails. Tried reinstalling SP3, still
fails and after SP3 there's now 8 that need to be run that fail. I tried
these fixes, none worked: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822798

Everything else on the system updates, runs fine...Office update...no
problems. Thinkpad System Updates, no problems...Windows Update fails
everytime.

I'm out of ideas. Thinking a complete reload may be the only option but am
REALLY hoping I can avoid that by getting a good answer here?

Thanks!
Scott

RE: Windows Update ALWAYS FAILS
Forgot to mention, Windows XP Pro SP3 is the OS. Again, brand new (had it for
2 days) Lenovo Thinkpad T400.

Thanks!

"Scott" wrote:

> I have a brand spanking new Lenovo Thinkpad T400 that ran all the initial
> updates after unboxing, then just would not run the last 7 updates. I've
> tried running them one at a time, still fails. Tried reinstalling SP3, still
> fails and after SP3 there's now 8 that need to be run that fail. I tried
> these fixes, none worked: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822798
>
> Everything else on the system updates, runs fine...Office update...no
> problems. Thinkpad System Updates, no problems...Windows Update fails
> everytime.
>
> I'm out of ideas. Thinking a complete reload may be the only option but am
> REALLY hoping I can avoid that by getting a good answer here?
>
> Thanks!

Re: Windows Update ALWAYS FAILS
CrystalBall© sez...

Update, or by using Automatic Updates after you perform a new Windows XP
installation or you repair a Windows XP installation
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Scott wrote:
> Forgot to mention, Windows XP Pro SP3 is the OS. Again, brand new (had it
> for 2 days) Lenovo Thinkpad T400.
>
> Thanks!
>
> "Scott" wrote:
>
>> I have a brand spanking new Lenovo Thinkpad T400 that ran all the initial
>> updates after unboxing, then just would not run the last 7 updates. I've
>> tried running them one at a time, still fails. Tried reinstalling SP3,
>> still fails and after SP3 there's now 8 that need to be run that fail. I
>> tried these fixes, none worked: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822798
>>
>> Everything else on the system updates, runs fine...Office update...no
>> problems. Thinkpad System Updates, no problems...Windows Update fails
>> everytime.
>>
>> I'm out of ideas. Thinking a complete reload may be the only option but
>> am
>> REALLY hoping I can avoid that by getting a good answer here?
>>
>> Thanks!

Scott

Re: Windows Update ALWAYS FAILS
HOLY CRAP THAT WORKED!!! Thanks!

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> CrystalBall© sez...
>
> Updates are not installed successfully from Windows Update, from Microsoft
> Update, or by using Automatic Updates after you perform a new Windows XP
> installation or you repair a Windows XP installation
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> Scott wrote:
> > Forgot to mention, Windows XP Pro SP3 is the OS. Again, brand new (had it
> > for 2 days) Lenovo Thinkpad T400.
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > "Scott" wrote:
> >
> >> I have a brand spanking new Lenovo Thinkpad T400 that ran all the initial
> >> updates after unboxing, then just would not run the last 7 updates. I've
> >> tried running them one at a time, still fails. Tried reinstalling SP3,
> >> still fails and after SP3 there's now 8 that need to be run that fail. I
> >> tried these fixes, none worked: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822798
> >>
> >> Everything else on the system updates, runs fine...Office update...no
> >> problems. Thinkpad System Updates, no problems...Windows Update fails
> >> everytime.
> >>
> >> I'm out of ideas. Thinking a complete reload may be the only option but
> >> am
> >> REALLY hoping I can avoid that by getting a good answer here?
> >>
> >> Thanks!

Re: Windows Update ALWAYS FAILS
YW!