Windows Update Error 800700E6

Ching

Windows Update Error 800700E6
Hi,

I have encountered this error when I tried to update my system.

Code 800700E6

Can anyone help me with this?

Thank you.
Rami

RE: Windows Update Error 800700E6
Hi.

I am getting the same error and haven't found a solution yet.

I am receiving this error running on Windows Vista Home Premium SP1.

This is running on an HP Pavilion dv9410us notebook pc.

I tried to delete all the files and foldrs in %temp% but that did not work.

I ran spybot search & destroy and it found and removed about 11 add/malware
entries.

Avast! Home Editin also found and removed some entries.

Any ideas?

Thank you.
Robert Aldwinckle

"Ching" <Ching@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:591EC587-E270-440C-B5F8-DF860BAD7E8F@microsoft.com...
> Hi,
>
> I have encountered this error when I tried to update my system.
>
> Code 800700E6
>
> Can anyone help me with this?

<cmd_output OS="XPsp3">
E:\>set /a c = 0xe6
230
E:\>net helpmsg %c%

The pipe state is invalid.
</cmd_output>

Wasn't that helpful? As usual, error codes are almost meaningless
without their context. Search your harddrive for that hex string
(this time without the 0x prefix) in files which changed on the day
you ran the update and then look for some context.in the files
that search finds. Repeat the search with that decimal value
if necessary.

> Thank you.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---

Ching

Re: Windows Update Error 800700E6
Sorry, no solution yet to the problem. Let's for some more comments.

"Robert Aldwinckle" wrote:

> "Ching" <Ching@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:591EC587-E270-440C-B5F8-DF860BAD7E8F@microsoft.com...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have encountered this error when I tried to update my system.
> >
> > Code 800700E6
> >
> > Can anyone help me with this?

> <cmd_output OS="XPsp3">
> E:\>set /a c = 0xe6
> 230
> E:\>net helpmsg %c%
>
> The pipe state is invalid.
> </cmd_output>
>

> Wasn't that helpful? As usual, error codes are almost meaningless
> without their context. Search your harddrive for that hex string
> (this time without the 0x prefix) in files which changed on the day
> you ran the update and then look for some context.in the files
> that search finds. Repeat the search with that decimal value
> if necessary.
>

> > Thank you.

> Good luck
>
> Robert Aldwinckle
> ---

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: Windows Update Error 800700E6
"Ching" <Ching@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0759CF50-DC4B-42FD-9EAC-A73BF61404AA@microsoft.com...

Please learn how to reply in threaded discussions.

This was clearly meant to reply to your earlier Me too! poster,
while ignoring my suggestion to refine your symptom description.

> Sorry, no solution yet to the problem. Let's for some more comments.

Good luck

Robert
---

Rami

Re: Windows Update Error 800700E6
Double-check to make sure the "Windows Update" windows service is enabled and
(can be) started.

Trying to start this service results in Error 230: The pipe state is invalid.
The "Windows Update" windows service is set to "Automatic (Delayed Start)"
Startup Type

The same behavior exists with the "Background Intelligent Transfer Service"
windows service.

I am still troubleshooting the issue and will report back when I find out
more information.

"Robert Aldwinckle" wrote:

> "Ching" <Ching@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:591EC587-E270-440C-B5F8-DF860BAD7E8F@microsoft.com...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have encountered this error when I tried to update my system.
> >
> > Code 800700E6
> >
> > Can anyone help me with this?

> <cmd_output OS="XPsp3">
> E:\>set /a c = 0xe6
> 230
> E:\>net helpmsg %c%
>
> The pipe state is invalid.
> </cmd_output>
>

> Wasn't that helpful? As usual, error codes are almost meaningless
> without their context. Search your harddrive for that hex string
> (this time without the 0x prefix) in files which changed on the day
> you ran the update and then look for some context.in the files
> that search finds. Repeat the search with that decimal value
> if necessary.
>

> > Thank you.

> Good luck
>
> Robert Aldwinckle
> ---

Rami

Re: Windows Update Error 800700E6
I was able to get windows update working again.

Since I had installed Avast! Home Edition, I uninstalled Trend Micro.

Something else that I did was use windows defender and did a full system
scan and I think it found and removed a virus.

Good luck, Ching.