Windows Vista Error 80070652

myhiddenlove08

Windows Vista Error 80070652
I have been trying to install the 2007 Service pack for months now and it
never installs. This error message popped up. Please help me figure out what
to do.
Engel

RE: Windows Vista Error 80070652
Have you run the office diagnostics?
-=-

"myhiddenlove08" wrote:

> I have been trying to install the 2007 Service pack for months now and it
> never installs. This error message popped up. Please help me figure out what
> to do.

myhiddenlove08

RE: Windows Vista Error 80070652
yes it said nothing was wrong

"Engel" wrote:

> Have you run the office diagnostics?
> -=-
>

> "myhiddenlove08" wrote:
>
> > I have been trying to install the 2007 Service pack for months now and it
> > never installs. This error message popped up. Please help me figure out what
> > to do.

dlcuesta

RE: Windows Vista Error 80070652
This error message popped up for me also. Please help me figure out what to do.

Re: Windows Vista Error 80070652
Are you referring to Office 2007 SP1?

How to troubleshoot failures updating your Office installation from the
Office Update Web site:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/304498
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

myhiddenlove08 wrote:
> I have been trying to install the 2007 Service pack for months now and it
> never installs. This error message popped up. Please help me figure out
> what
> to do.

myhiddenlove08

Re: Windows Vista Error 80070652
Yes.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Are you referring to Office 2007 SP1?
>
> How to troubleshoot failures updating your Office installation from the
> Office Update Web site:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/304498
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>

> myhiddenlove08 wrote:
> > I have been trying to install the 2007 Service pack for months now and it
> > never installs. This error message popped up. Please help me figure out
> > what
> > to do.

hunter3740

RE: Windows Vista Error 80070652
Microsoft KB articles are nice, but I'm sure you want a concrete suggestion:

Try right clicking on Computer (or even for XP, right click My Computer) and
select Manage, then to Servics and Applications, then to Services, scroll
down to Office Source Engine and right click and select Start, then retry.

If that doesn't work, try deleting the contents of
c:\windows\softwaredistribution and restart and then try again.

If that doesn't work, try installing the udates individually (i.e. in the
windows update window, look for the KB number that failed and go to
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/numberhere and look for a link for IT
Professionals, which should have a link to the "component" you are looking
for; i.e. look for a link next to the KBnumberhere)--then restart and retry
windows update (which may not have any updates, but then you know you jumped
the hurtle).
dnjblades

"myhiddenlove08" wrote:

> I have been trying to install the 2007 Service pack for months now and it
> never installs. This error message popped up. Please help me figure out what
> to do.

alwaysasigh

RE: Windows Vista Error 80070652
For whatever reason, the process msiexec.exe gets stuck open. Unfortunately,
it seems to get stuck this way A LOT. All I had to do was open the windows
task manager (alt+ctrl+del), go to processes, select to show processes from
all users, scroll to msiexec.exe (there may even be two of them), and click
End Process. This isn't the first time I've had to do this to get something
to install, either, but it always seems to work for me.

"dnjblades" wrote:

> "myhiddenlove08" wrote:
>
> > I have been trying to install the 2007 Service pack for months now and it
> > never installs. This error message popped up. Please help me figure out what
> > to do.

rayk

RE: Windows Vista Error 80070652
Many thanks for this tip. I found the Service Office Source Engine was not
running. Started it and the update installed. I have now set this service to
automatic.