Re: Windows update fails

Peter Foldes

Re: Windows update fails
Crossposted to the public.windowsupdate newsgroup for a more comprehensive answer

--
Peter

"Krygim" <krygim@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:A72C57C5-906A-4C0D-A720-D52EB75D745A@microsoft.com...
> My automatic Windows Update shows that the SP1 for my 64-bit Windows Vista
> Business is ready for downloading. I started the update process and saw the
> system was trying to download the update file. However the download process
> never started and finally the following error message showed:
>
> Error(s) found:
> Code 800736B3 Windows Update encountered an unknown error
>

> Then I tried manually downloaded the update file
> "mu_windows_vista_service_pack_1_x64_72329.exe ". It started normally and
> worked for about 10 minutes. Finally it shows the following error message:
>
> Error code: 0x800736B3
> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=101139
>

> I have tried about 3 times during a couple of days. Could anybody advise how
> to solve the problem?
>

> TIA
> Ben Tam

MowGreen [MVP]

Re: Windows update fails
0x800736B3 ERROR_SXS_ASSEMBLY_NOT_FOUND
The referenced assembly is not installed on your system.

SP1 can not find an assembly in WinSxS that is required for it to
install. Try running sfc /scannow to see if that resolves the issue:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

If no joy go here, click the Change link towards the top right of the
page and set the location to China:

" Free unlimited installation and compatibility support is available for
Windows Vista, but only for Service Pack 1 (SP1). This support for SP1
is valid until March 18, 2009. Availability of chat or e-mail support
differs depending on your geographic location. For customers residing in
North America or Canada, chat and e-mail support is available.

Some issues may require more advanced support for which there is a charge. "

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2009]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten

Peter Foldes wrote:

> Crossposted to the public.windowsupdate newsgroup for a more comprehensive answer

Re: Windows update fails
Unlimited installation and compatibility support for Vista SP1 is available
at no charge through 18 Mar-09:
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx | select Windows Vista |
select Windows Vista Service Pack 1
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net