this may help

Andrew Pickett

this may help
I had the same problems. Windows updated my graphics card driver which is nvida go 7600 and it wouldnt load windows without going into safe mode. My screen would flicker than go to bsod. What i did was you boot your computer in safe mode. while in safe mode, you disable your graphics card. This is what i did to make sure that it was a graphic card problem, so anyways, you disable it than restart your computer back into safe mode. Once in safe mode you delete your current driver for the graphics card. the computer will restart and when it reboots it will boot the factory default driver for your graphics card and that will work. the only problem with this is you can obviously tell the difference since the graphics will look ok at best. I am currently doing this because if i update my driver it will not even load vista.

If you don't want to use the factory default, you load the most recent driver while in safe mode, than roll back to the previous version, and vista won't look as bad as it does when you use the standard video driver like i previously noted.
Shenan Stanley

Re: this may help
Andrew Pickett wrote:
> I had the same problems.
>
> Windows updated my graphics card driver which is nvida go 7600
> and it wouldnt load windows without going into safe mode. My
> screen would flicker than go to bsod.
>
> What i did was you boot your computer in safe mode. while in safe
> mode, you disable your graphics card.
>
> This is what i did to make sure that it was a graphic card problem,
> so anyways, you disable it than restart your computer back into
> safe mode. Once in safe mode you delete your current driver for
> the graphics card. the computer will restart and when it reboots
> it will boot the factory default driver for your graphics card and
> that will work.
>
> the only problem with this is you can obviously tell the difference
> since the graphics will look ok at best. I am currently doing this
> because if i update my driver it will not even load vista.
>
> If you don't want to use the factory default, you load the most
> recent driver while in safe mode, than roll back to the previous
> version, and vista won't look as bad as it does when you use the
> standard video driver like i previously noted.

Andrew Pickett,

Did you intend to post this as a reply to something the two times you have
posted it?

It seems to have no frame of reference - and other than the mention of Vista
'in passing' - not too heavy on the details.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Re: this may help

Andrew Pickett wrote:
> I had the same problems. Windows updated my graphics card driver which is
> nvida go 7600 and it wouldnt load windows without going into safe mode. My
> screen would flicker than go to bsod. What i did was you boot your
> computer
> in safe mode. while in safe mode, you disable your graphics card. This is
> what i did to make sure that it was a graphic card problem, so anyways,
> you
> disable it than restart your computer back into safe mode. Once in safe
> mode you delete your current driver for the graphics card. the computer
> will restart and when it reboots it will boot the factory default driver
> for your graphics card and that will work. the only problem with this is
> you can obviously tell the difference since the graphics will look ok at
> best. I am currently doing this because if i update my driver it will not
> even load vista.
>
> If you don't want to use the factory default, you load the most recent
> driver while in safe mode, than roll back to the previous version, and
> vista won't look as bad as it does when you use the standard video driver
> like i previously noted.

Harry Johnston [MVP]

Re: this may help
Shenan Stanley wrote:

> Did you intend to post this as a reply to something the two times you have
> posted it?

Full thread:

<http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsupdate/browse_thread/thread/ca45839329f64e80/01ad4305d5612751?#01ad4305d5612751>

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...ad4305d5612751