update and download frozen

Gilles

update and download frozen
Hi everyone,

I have the following problems: Windows update was informing about a new
download. Downoad was not working, and the Vista help propose to make some
modifications in "adminitrative tools/services" (sorry I do not remember
which ones)

After doing so, I could download and install the update OK, but since then I
have many problems, all related to download or updates: If I try to launch
the update of vista, google or evn some software (I-tunes, others), process
starts and then freeze.

I try to go back to admin tool/service but even this is no longer accesible:
The cursor is showing the system is buzy, but nothing happens.

Help me Obi Wan Kenobi or anybody else !

Gilles
Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: update and download frozen
Automatic Updates and WindowsUpdate Reset tool
http://www.codeplex.com/aureset

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Gilles" <Gilles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6C983DA6-9B03-4FE2-B97C-F53B7930FD99@microsoft.com...
Hi everyone,

I have the following problems: Windows update was informing about a new
download. Downoad was not working, and the Vista help propose to make some
modifications in "adminitrative tools/services" (sorry I do not remember
which ones)

After doing so, I could download and install the update OK, but since then I
have many problems, all related to download or updates: If I try to launch
the update of vista, google or evn some software (I-tunes, others), process
starts and then freeze.

I try to go back to admin tool/service but even this is no longer accesible:
The cursor is showing the system is buzy, but nothing happens.

Help me Obi Wan Kenobi or anybody else !

Gilles
Gilles

Re: update and download frozen
Thanks but did not solve th problem.
I believe there must a link with authorization also, as when I have tried to
run AU, it ask me to run as "admin", which I am alrready with my normal
account and then it freezes. Noticed the same issue with Logitech remote
update, also asking me to run as admin, which ,never happened in the past.