RE: XP update error code 0x80200010

iduthyjjek4

RE: XP update error code 0x80200010
Sorry to say mrzolf you have not answer the question that was put out. This
is a very prominent problem with these community discussion people only run
off at the keyboard and say nothing. No where in this setting have anyone
answered the question. What's the solution to the getting the sp3 installed
after the error code 0x80200010. I do not want to read about your situation I
would like to read the solution to the problem of updating my sp1.

"mrzolf" wrote:

> I think I had a similar problem. It occurred last weekend, when automatic
> updates got the recent udates from microsoft. After the updates were
> installed, I lost a lot of functions (couldn't use system restore, user
> accounts, or any active X installs). I took my computer to Comp USA, and the
> tech support uninstalled the three most recent updates, which let my computer
> run again. Now I have to keep Automatic updates "off" and update manual,
> avoiding those three.
>
> Does anyone know how to fix this problem permanently, or how I can alert
> Microsoft?
>
> "p c" wrote:
>
> > Please help I have had a problem trying to update XP for a while and then
> > managed to kill my computer and had to format my hard disk. I now have XP
> > back on but I am unable to get any updates they all have error code
> > 0x80200010. 31 in total, please help if anyone can. Thanks.

MowGreen [MVP]

Re: XP update error code 0x80200010
0x80200010 BG_E_NETWORK_DISCONNECTED

IF you are attempting to install SP3 via one of the update sites, then
there's a network issue most likely related to BITS occurring here.
The issue may be related to the firewall, antivirus, proxy, or other
security software.
*Strongly* suggest you download the entire SP3 package from here and
save it:

If you need a different language than click the drop down window next to
" Change language " in order to change it.

PRIOR to installing SP3, please read these articles to save yourself
further grief:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950717

Windows XP SP3 - Read all prerequisites for a successful installation -

MS is offering free assistance for installing XP SP3 and compatibility
support:

" Free unlimited installation and compatibility support is available for
Windows XP, but only for Service Pack 3 (SP3). This support for SP3 is
valid until April 14, 2009. For more information about this policy,
visit the Windows XP Support Lifecycle page located at
http://support.microsoft.com/lifecycle/?p1=3223. Availability of chat or
e-mail support differs depending on your geographic location. For
customers residing in North America or Canada, chat and e-mail support
is available.

Some issues may require more advanced support for which there is a charge. "

Once again, if you're not in the US, change the location at the top
right of the page to yours by clicking the Change link.

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2009]
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten