Vista SP1 800F0816

Sop300

Vista SP1 800F0816
Hi, I tried over and over to install the SP1 under Windows Vista and the
process always fails at step 2 or 3 with the message !!0xc0190036!! 1308/76
482 (vbscript.dll) on a black screen. The error code is 800F0816.
Please, help!
TaurArian

Re: Vista SP1 800F0816
Please contact MS -

Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (All Languages)
Unlimited installation and compatibility support is available at no charge
until March 18, 2009.
https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...4&gprid=500921

Unlimited installation and compatibility support for Vista SP1 is available
at
no charge through 18 Mar-09
.. US:
.. CA:
.. UK:
.. AU:
.. Other: http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

"Sop300" <Sop300@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I tried over and over to install the SP1 under Windows Vista and the
> process always fails at step 2 or 3 with the message !!0xc0190036!!
> 1308/76
> 482 (vbscript.dll) on a black screen. The error code is 800F0816.
> Please, help!

Sop300

Re: Vista SP1 800F0816
I already contacted MS and they couldn't fix the problem. In fact, somebody
spent 2-3 hours trying to fix it by taking control of my pc, without results.
I'm very disappointed.

"TaurArian" wrote:

> Please contact MS -
>

> Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (All Languages)
> Unlimited installation and compatibility support is available at no charge
> until March 18, 2009.
> https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...4&gprid=500921
>
> Unlimited installation and compatibility support for Vista SP1 is available
> at
> no charge through 18 Mar-09
> .. US:
> .. CA:
> .. UK:
> .. AU:
> .. Other: http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx
> | select Windows Vista | select Windows Vista Service Pack 1
>

> --
>
> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
> http://taurarian.mvps.org
> Disclaimer: The information has been posted "as is" with no warranties or
> guarantees and doesn't give any rights.
>

> "Sop300" <Sop300@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi, I tried over and over to install the SP1 under Windows Vista and the
> > process always fails at step 2 or 3 with the message !!0xc0190036!!
> > 1308/76
> > 482 (vbscript.dll) on a black screen. The error code is 800F0816.
> > Please, help!

Re: Vista SP1 800F0816
> I already contacted MS and they couldn't fix the problem.

So what did Support suggest that you do now?

Sop300 wrote:
> I already contacted MS and they couldn't fix the problem. In fact,
> somebody
> spent 2-3 hours trying to fix it by taking control of my pc, without
> results. I'm very disappointed.
>
> "TaurArian" wrote:
>
>> Please contact MS -
>>

>> Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (All Languages)
>> Unlimited installation and compatibility support is available at no
>> charge
>> until March 18, 2009.
>> https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...4&gprid=500921
>>
>> Unlimited installation and compatibility support for Vista SP1 is
>> available
>> at
>> no charge through 18 Mar-09
>> .. US:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...4&gprid=500921
>> .. CA:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...4&gprid=500921
>> .. UK:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...4&gprid=500921
>> .. AU:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...4&gprid=500921
>> .. Other: http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx
>>> select Windows Vista | select Windows Vista Service Pack 1

>> --
>>
>> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
>> http://taurarian.mvps.org
>> ======================================
>> How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
>> Disclaimer: The information has been posted "as is" with no warranties or
>> guarantees and doesn't give any rights.
>> Computer Maintenance: Acronis / Diskeeper / Paragon / Raxco
>>

>> "Sop300" <Sop300@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi, I tried over and over to install the SP1 under Windows Vista and the
>>> process always fails at step 2 or 3 with the message !!0xc0190036!!
>>> 1308/76
>>> 482 (vbscript.dll) on a black screen. The error code is 800F0816.
>>> Please, help!

Sop300

Re: Vista SP1 800F0816
Well, they didn't suggest anything, they just took control of my pc for 2-3
hours, trying to download updates. After, I tried to install SP1 once again
as they told me and the same problem occured.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> > I already contacted MS and they couldn't fix the problem.

> So what did Support suggest that you do now?
>
> Sop300 wrote:
> > I already contacted MS and they couldn't fix the problem. In fact,
> > somebody
> > spent 2-3 hours trying to fix it by taking control of my pc, without
> > results. I'm very disappointed.
> >
> > "TaurArian" wrote:
> >
> >> Please contact MS -
> >>

> >> Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (All Languages)
> >> Unlimited installation and compatibility support is available at no
> >> charge
> >> until March 18, 2009.
> >> https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...4&gprid=500921
> >>
> >> Unlimited installation and compatibility support for Vista SP1 is
> >> available
> >> at
> >> no charge through 18 Mar-09
> >> .. US:
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...4&gprid=500921
> >> .. CA:
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...4&gprid=500921
> >> .. UK:
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...4&gprid=500921
> >> .. AU:
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...4&gprid=500921
> >> .. Other: http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx
> >>

> >> --
> >>
> >> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
> >> http://taurarian.mvps.org
> >> ======================================
> >> How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
> >> Disclaimer: The information has been posted "as is" with no warranties or
> >> guarantees and doesn't give any rights.
> >> Computer Maintenance: Acronis / Diskeeper / Paragon / Raxco

Re: Vista SP1 800F0816
Call them back. If necessary, ask for a Level 2 tech.

Sop300 wrote:
> Well, they didn't suggest anything, they just took control of my pc for
> 2-3
> hours, trying to download updates. After, I tried to install SP1 once
> again
> as they told me and the same problem occured.
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>>> I already contacted MS and they couldn't fix the problem.

>> So what did Support suggest that you do now?
>>
>> Sop300 wrote:
>>> I already contacted MS and they couldn't fix the problem. In fact,
>>> somebody
>>> spent 2-3 hours trying to fix it by taking control of my pc, without
>>> results. I'm very disappointed.

bnborg

Re: Vista SP1 800F0816
Otherwise, you could download the complete SP1 CD ISO (search for it on
Microsoft Download). You will then have to burn it to a CD or mount or
extract it using various software (such as 7-zip or Isobuster). Then you
should be able to run setup from the CD.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Call them back. If necessary, ask for a Level 2 tech.

.. . .