How to re-download an update which WU has marked as already downlo

WES

How to re-download an update which WU has marked as already downlo
After a failed install of KB936929 (SP3), I can't find the previously
downloaded update, but when I run WU, it says it is "already downloaded" and
therefore I can't get a new copy of the update.

I am running windows xp sp2.

Thanks.
MowGreen [MVP]

Re: How to re-download an update which WU has marked as already downlo
WES,

Read these first to save yourself and the system further grief:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950717

Windows XP SP3 - Read all prerequisites for a successful installation

Next, suggest you download the entire SP3 package from here and *save*
it:

After doing all of the preparation steps suggested in the 2 articles,
create a folder on the root drive [the drive where WINDOWS is installed
to, usually C:\], move the downloaded SP3 package to the newly created
SP3 folder.

Now run WindowsXP-KB936929-SP3-x86-ENU.exe either by double left
clicking it or, go to Start > Run > click the Browse button > click
the My Computer icon in the left frame >click on the C:\ drive [if
WINDOWS is installed to C:\], then click the Open button.
Open the SP3 folder, click on WindowsXP-KB936929-SP3-x86-ENU.exe, then
click on the Open button.

If your still having difficulty getting SP3 installed, contact MS for
free support:

" Free unlimited installation and compatibility support is available for
Windows XP, but only for Service Pack 3 (SP3). This support for SP3 is
valid until April 14, 2009. For more information about this policy,
visit the Windows XP Support Lifecycle page located at
http://support.microsoft.com/lifecycle/?p1=3223. Availability of chat or
e-mail support differs depending on your geographic location. For
customers residing in North America or Canada, chat and e-mail support
is available.

Some issues may require more advanced support for which there is a charge. "

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2009]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

WES wrote:

> After a failed install of KB936929 (SP3), I can't find the previously
> downloaded update, but when I run WU, it says it is "already downloaded" and
> therefore I can't get a new copy of the update.
>
> I am running windows xp sp2.
>
> Thanks.

WES

Re: How to re-download an update which WU has marked as already do
MowGreen,

Thank you very much for the help. Following your instructions, everything
installed without any problems.

Thanks again,

A SATISFIED xp sp3 customer!!!!!!!!!

"MowGreen [MVP]" wrote:

> WES,
>
> Read these first to save yourself and the system further grief:
>
> Steps to take before you install Windows XP Service Pack 3
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950717
>
> Windows XP SP3 - Read all prerequisites for a successful installation
>
> Next, suggest you download the entire SP3 package from here and *save*
> it:
>
> After doing all of the preparation steps suggested in the 2 articles,
> create a folder on the root drive [the drive where WINDOWS is installed
> to, usually C:\], move the downloaded SP3 package to the newly created
> SP3 folder.
>
> Now run WindowsXP-KB936929-SP3-x86-ENU.exe either by double left
> clicking it or, go to Start > Run > click the Browse button > click
> the My Computer icon in the left frame >click on the C:\ drive [if
> WINDOWS is installed to C:\], then click the Open button.
> Open the SP3 folder, click on WindowsXP-KB936929-SP3-x86-ENU.exe, then
> click on the Open button.
>
> If your still having difficulty getting SP3 installed, contact MS for
> free support:

> " Free unlimited installation and compatibility support is available for
> Windows XP, but only for Service Pack 3 (SP3). This support for SP3 is
> valid until April 14, 2009. For more information about this policy,
> visit the Windows XP Support Lifecycle page located at
> http://support.microsoft.com/lifecycle/?p1=3223. Availability of chat or
> e-mail support differs depending on your geographic location. For
> customers residing in North America or Canada, chat and e-mail support
> is available.
>
> Some issues may require more advanced support for which there is a charge. "
>
> MowGreen [MVP 2003-2009]
> ===============
> *-343-* FDNY
> Never Forgotten
> ===============
>

> WES wrote:
>
> > After a failed install of KB936929 (SP3), I can't find the previously
> > downloaded update, but when I run WU, it says it is "already downloaded" and
> > therefore I can't get a new copy of the update.
> >
> > I am running windows xp sp2.
> >
> > Thanks.

MowGreen [MVP]

Re: How to re-download an update which WU has marked as already do
You're mowst welcome, Wes. Glad to hear SP3 installed and that you're a
happy camper <w>

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2009]
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten