Slipstreaming SP1 in Vista?

Rolando E Creagh, MD

Slipstreaming SP1 in Vista?
Good Day Gents, please enlighten me.
I Understand this is not possible.
If I can not do a Repair-Install as in XP (perhaps Somebody can tell me
how?), why would I want to so slipstreaming?
I have been told that MS was going to post such streaming as an iso file,
downloadable with your serial number, wrong?
Cheers
--
R. E. Creagh, MD FACS
Heartburn Centre Des Moines

Shenan Stanley

Re: Slipstreaming SP1 in Vista?
Rolando E Creagh, MD wrote:
> Good Day Gents, please enlighten me.
> I Understand this is not possible.
> If I can not do a Repair-Install as in XP (perhaps Somebody can
> tell me how?), why would I want to so slipstreaming?
> I have been told that MS was going to post such streaming as an iso
> file, downloadable with your serial number, wrong?

Are you trying to do this?
http://vistasupport.mvps.org/repair_..._vista_dvd.htm

Who told you that you would be able to download Windows Vista with SP1
integrated as an ISO image file?

For integrated the Service Pack into your media - you might consider vLite:
http://thinkabdul.com/2008/03/29/vli...tfixesdrivers/

or

Through "reverse integration"...
http://www.winbeta.org/comments.php?...s=9536&catid=1

Essentially - Windows Vista is no longer 'installed' so much as it is
'applied'.

As far as *why*...
Simple. If you plan on installing a lot or just don't want the hassle of
installing SP1 after you do install Windows Vista - you'll want to get a
copy of Windows Vista with SP1 integrated. Otherwise - don't bother.
Installing SP1 after the fact works as well and gives you practically the
same result.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Rolando E Creagh, MD

Re: Slipstreaming SP1 in Vista?
Thanks for the prompt and extensive reply.
Downloading an iso of the streamed Vista was one of the rumors prevailing
prior to the release of SP1.
Cheers

> Rolando E Creagh, MD wrote:
>> Good Day Gents, please enlighten me.
>> I Understand this is not possible.
>> If I can not do a Repair-Install as in XP (perhaps Somebody can
>> tell me how?), why would I want to so slipstreaming?
>> I have been told that MS was going to post such streaming as an iso
>> file, downloadable with your serial number, wrong?

> Are you trying to do this?
> http://vistasupport.mvps.org/repair_..._vista_dvd.htm
>
> Who told you that you would be able to download Windows Vista with SP1
> integrated as an ISO image file?
>
> For integrated the Service Pack into your media - you might consider
> vLite:
> http://thinkabdul.com/2008/03/29/vli...tfixesdrivers/
>
> or
>
> Through "reverse integration"...
> http://www.winbeta.org/comments.php?...s=9536&catid=1
>
> Essentially - Windows Vista is no longer 'installed' so much as it is
> 'applied'.
>
> As far as *why*...
> Simple. If you plan on installing a lot or just don't want the hassle of
> installing SP1 after you do install Windows Vista - you'll want to get a
> copy of Windows Vista with SP1 integrated. Otherwise - don't bother.
> Installing SP1 after the fact works as well and gives you practically the
> same result.
>
> --
> Shenan Stanley
> MS-MVP
> --
> How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

R. E. Creagh, MD FACS
Heartburn Centre Des Moines
HEARTBURN?? WHY??!!
Demand a Peace Conclave!

kdanieli

RE: Slipstreaming SP1 in Vista?
The vLite process does work. I've done it.

"Rolando E Creagh, MD" wrote:

> Good Day Gents, please enlighten me.
> I Understand this is not possible.
> If I can not do a Repair-Install as in XP (perhaps Somebody can tell me
> how?), why would I want to so slipstreaming?
> I have been told that MS was going to post such streaming as an iso file,
> downloadable with your serial number, wrong?
> Cheers
> --
> R. E. Creagh, MD FACS
> Heartburn Centre Des Moines
> HEARTBURN?? WHY??!!
> Demand a Peace Conclave!

Rolando E Creagh, MD

Mr Stanley.Re: Slipstreaming SP1 in Vista?
Mr. Stanley, this message might be to old for an answer, but I will try
anyway.
You ask me about the downloading of an iso of the already streamed version
of Vista w/. SP1 from Microsoft.
Well, yes is available, if you are a subscriber to MSTech Net.
I have one, from my son, which is a subscriber.

Cheers

> Rolando E Creagh, MD wrote:
>> Good Day Gents, please enlighten me.
>> I Understand this is not possible.
>> If I can not do a Repair-Install as in XP (perhaps Somebody can
>> tell me how?), why would I want to so slipstreaming?
>> I have been told that MS was going to post such streaming as an iso
>> file, downloadable with your serial number, wrong?

> Are you trying to do this?
> http://vistasupport.mvps.org/repair_..._vista_dvd.htm
>
> Who told you that you would be able to download Windows Vista with SP1
> integrated as an ISO image file?
>
> For integrated the Service Pack into your media - you might consider
> vLite:
> http://thinkabdul.com/2008/03/29/vli...tfixesdrivers/
>
> or
>
> Through "reverse integration"...
> http://www.winbeta.org/comments.php?...s=9536&catid=1
>
> Essentially - Windows Vista is no longer 'installed' so much as it is
> 'applied'.
>
> As far as *why*...
> Simple. If you plan on installing a lot or just don't want the hassle of
> installing SP1 after you do install Windows Vista - you'll want to get a
> copy of Windows Vista with SP1 integrated. Otherwise - don't bother.
> Installing SP1 after the fact works as well and gives you practically the
> same result.
>
> --
> Shenan Stanley
> MS-MVP
> --
> How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

R. E. Creagh, MD FACS
Heartburn Centre Des Moines
HEARTBURN?? WHY??!!
Demand a Peace Conclave!

Shenan Stanley

Re: Mr Stanley.Re: Slipstreaming SP1 in Vista?

Rolando E Creagh, MD wrote:
> Mr. Stanley, this message might be to old for an answer, but I will
> try anyway.
> You ask me about the downloading of an iso of the already streamed
> version of Vista w/. SP1 from Microsoft.
> Well, yes is available, if you are a subscriber to MSTech Net.
> I have one, from my son, which is a subscriber.

Yes - also for MSDN subscribers (I have one of those) - but for the general
public (which I assumed your query to be surrounding) - it is not.
Although - I would assume that at this point, other than *old stock*, most
places should be selling Windows Vista with SP1 integrated.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP