windows update wont install (vista)

JakSmit is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
windows update wont install (vista)
Hi

I have windows vista. SP1.

For quite a long time now, when I turn on my pc, it says preparing to install updates 1 of 3. like before I log in. but it stays on 0% then shows password screen. every time i turn it on. i have just ignored up till now.

but now it wont let me install any more updates. in windows update itself, it just hangs on 'preparing to install' 0%. I.e. it downloads the updates but wont install them. No matter what ones I choose to install, even just 1 small one. And then clicking stop installation does nothing, the button then deactivates but it doesnt stop. if i close the window them open it again, button to stop installation enables again, but again does nothing.

please help. thanks.

Last edited by JakSmit : 10-06-2008 at 16:49. Reason: title

Re: windows update wont install (vista)
Did you install Vista SP1 manually or via Windows Update or did it come
preinstalled on your machine?
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

JakSmit wrote:
> I have windows vista. SP1.
>
> For quite a long time now, when I turn on my pc, it says preparing to
> install updates 1 of 3. like before I log in. but it stays on 0% then
> shows password screen. every time i turn it on. i have just ignored up
> till now.
>
> but now it wont let me install any more updates. in windows update
> itself, it just hangs on 'preparing to install' 0%. I.e. it downloads
> the updates but wont install them. No matter what ones I choose to
> install, even just 1 small one. And then clicking stop installation does
> nothing, the button then deactivates but it doesnt stop. if i close the
> window them open it again, button to stop installation enables again,
> but again does nothing.

JakSmit is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: windows update wont install (vista)
installed it ages ago. like via windows update

Re: windows update wont install (vista)
To whom are you replying?

JakSmit wrote:
> installed it ages ago. like via windows update

JakSmit is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: windows update wont install (vista)
i am replying to you, as you only person to comment on thread.

reply was in reference to: 'Did you install Vista SP1 manually or via Windows Update or did it come
preinstalled on your machine?'

so like just to clarify, i installed sp1 via windows update a while back.

thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA Bear [MS MVP] View Post
To whom are you replying?

> installed it ages ago. like via windows update

Re: windows update wont install (vista)
To keep track of things, it helps immensely if you include all of previous
message(s) in your replies to the newsgroup. Thank you. (And I shall try
to remember not to use OE's default sig delimiter, too.)

Support for Windows Update:

security updates.

your usual support contacts.
==
AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.net

JakSmit wrote:
> i am replying to you, as you only person to comment on thread.
>
> reply was in reference to: 'Did you install Vista SP1 manually or via
> Windows Update or did it come
> preinstalled on your machine?'
>
> so like just to clarify, i installed sp1 via windows update a while
> back.
>
> 'PA Bear [MS MVP Wrote:
>> To whom are you replying?
>>
>> JakSmit wrote:
>>> installed it ages ago. like via windows update

<paste>