Windows xp sp3

WILD

Windows xp sp3
Windows xp sp3 - Why does it show zero bytes when I try to download it?
TaurArian

Re: Windows xp sp3
Because it has already been downloaded and is now waiting installation.

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

"WILD" <WILD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Windows xp sp3 - Why does it show zero bytes when I try to download it?

WES

RE: Windows xp sp3
It probably has already been downloaded.

"WILD" wrote:

> Windows xp sp3 - Why does it show zero bytes when I try to download it?

Re: Windows xp sp3
This is my problem also. I have Windows update on automatic and it has
downloaded SP3. I have had a few computer problems lately that I wonder if
isn't related. Since it is downloaded but not installed can I back out of it
and get rid of taskbar icon? From all I have read it is better to wait on
SP3 until after bugs are worked out?
TIA
Joni

"TaurArian" <taurarian@gmail.com> wrote in message
Because it has already been downloaded and is now waiting installation.

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org
======================================
guarantees and doesn't give any rights.

"WILD" <WILD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Windows xp sp3 - Why does it show zero bytes when I try to download it?

TaurArian

Re: Windows xp sp3
How to troubleshoot an unsuccessful installation of Windows XP Service Pack
3
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950718

List of fixes that are included in Windows XP Service Pack 3
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946480
--

<jemster> wrote in message news:eUym5IrWJHA.4412@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> This is my problem also. I have Windows update on automatic and it has
> downloaded SP3. I have had a few computer problems lately that I wonder if
> isn't related. Since it is downloaded but not installed can I back out of
> it
> and get rid of taskbar icon? From all I have read it is better to wait on
> SP3 until after bugs are worked out?
> TIA
> Joni
>

> "TaurArian" <taurarian@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Because it has already been downloaded and is now waiting installation.
>
> --
>
> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
> http://taurarian.mvps.org
> Disclaimer: The information has been posted "as is" with no warranties or
> guarantees and doesn't give any rights.
>

> "WILD" <WILD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Windows xp sp3 - Why does it show zero bytes when I try to download it?

Harry Johnston [MVP]

Re: Windows xp sp3
jemster wrote:

> This is my problem also. I have Windows update on automatic and it has
> downloaded SP3. I have had a few computer problems lately that I wonder if
> isn't related. Since it is downloaded but not installed can I back out of it
> and get rid of taskbar icon? From all I have read it is better to wait on
> SP3 until after bugs are worked out?

It's been over six months, I think all the bugs that are going to be worked out
have been. Free support for SP3 runs out early next year, so probably best to
do it now.

Harry.