Cannot Install SP3 and want to destroy computer

Jay B

Cannot Install SP3 and want to destroy computer
I have a Security Update for SP4 sitting on my computer wanting to install,
but it cannot, because I only have SP2. I've tried installing SP3 several
times, but keep getting that pesky 0x8007F0F4 error code. I've looked
through other discussion threads and tried to install and uninstall
everything recommended, but still no luck. When I tried to remove Microsoft
Shared Computer Toolkit, I got this error message:

There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A script required
for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personal
or package vendor.

So.... suggestions? Thanks so much!!
Jay B

RE: Cannot Install SP3 and want to destroy computer
Ignore the first sentence. The problem still exists tho. What 2 do??

"Jay B" wrote:

> I have a Security Update for SP4 sitting on my computer wanting to install,
> but it cannot, because I only have SP2. I've tried installing SP3 several
> times, but keep getting that pesky 0x8007F0F4 error code. I've looked
> through other discussion threads and tried to install and uninstall
> everything recommended, but still no luck. When I tried to remove Microsoft
> Shared Computer Toolkit, I got this error message:
>
> There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A script required
> for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personal
> or package vendor.
>
> So.... suggestions? Thanks so much!!

Re: Cannot Install SP3 and want to destroy computer
Windows XP Service Pack 3 installation fails with an error message, and the
following error is logged in the service pack installation log: "8007F0F4 -
STATUS_PREREQUISITE_FAILED":
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949388

Possible fix for the error you encountered when attempting to uninstall
Shared Computer Toolkit (AKA SteadyState):
http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/re...-in-windows-xp

AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/