SP3 and GPO Problems

Dave

SP3 and GPO Problems
After installing SP3, we have noticed some GPO problems with our XP systems.
When we run RSoP, we find that there are several new sections under
Administrative Templates that are in foreign languages. Some appear to be in
French, Russian and even Arabic.

When we uninstall SP3, the problems go away as well as the extra sections in
the RSoP. Has anyone seen anything like this?
TaurArian

Re: SP3 and GPO Problems
You may wish to contact MS regarding your issue -

Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3 (All Languages)

Windows XP, but only for Service Pack 3 (SP3). This support for SP3 is valid
until April 14, 2009. For more information about this policy, visit the
Windows XP Support Lifecycle page located at
http://support.microsoft.com/lifecycle/?p1=3223. Chat and e-mail support is
available only in the United States and Canada. For all other Windows XP
issues, visit the Help and Support site at
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...spx?gprid=1173, and then choose
your product.

.. US:

.. CA:

.. UK:

.. AU:

.. Other:
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/def...spx?gprid=1173
select Windows XP | select Windows XP Service Pack 3

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

> After installing SP3, we have noticed some GPO problems with our XP
> systems.
> When we run RSoP, we find that there are several new sections under
> Administrative Templates that are in foreign languages. Some appear to be
> in
> French, Russian and even Arabic.
>
> When we uninstall SP3, the problems go away as well as the extra sections
> in
> the RSoP. Has anyone seen anything like this?

Mark Gates

RE: SP3 and GPO Problems
Hi,

I have had exactly the same problem after installing SP3.

My latest investigation has involved installing SP3 before any software
updates. The problem re-occurred after installing .NET 2.

This has been an annoying problem to investigate because I have two seperate
domains (one live and one development) that both show the same problem,
however when I try googling for a resolve I get nothing. Dave's posting below
is the only one I've found to date. So at least I'm not alone!

Mark.