I can't update windows

opdrsd

I can't update windows
I am unable to do updates and receive the following error:

The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are
trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem

[Error number: 0x80070424]

Please help.

Thanks

TaurArian

Re: I can't update windows
You cannot turn on the Automatic Updates feature on a Windows XP Service
Pack 2-based computer
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/916261
The Automatic Updates feature is turned off in the Security Center.
Additionally, you cannot turn on the Automatic Updates feature.
When you try to install updates from the Microsoft Windows Update Web site,
you may receive an error message that resembles the following:
0x80070424

or

Click Start, select run, type: regsvr32 wuaueng.dll
Press OK

if that doesn't do the trick:-

Verify that BITS is correctly configured and started:

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.
2. Double-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service.
3. In the Startup type box, click Manual, and then click Apply.
4. Click the Log On tab, and then verify that the service is enabled in
every hardware profile that is listed. If the service is disabled in one or
more hardware profiles, click the hardware profile, click Enable, and then
click Apply.
5. Click the General tab, and then click Start.

If that's all okay, then perhaps:-

1. Click Start.
2. Choose Run.
3. In the Run box, type (pressing okay after the command) :-
Regsvr32 QMGR.DLL

If that didn't help, then perhaps reinstall the Background Intelligent
Transfer Service, follow these steps
You receive a "Windows Update has encountered an error and cannot display
the requested page" error message when you try to install an update
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883614

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org