.Net Framework 3.0 Installations via WSUS

Leo Alls

.Net Framework 3.0 Installations via WSUS
OK I've read and understand the procedures recommended in earlier posts, but
I have a problem with the procedures. I have 186+ systems that have the same
problem and I use WSUS to do my updates. I don't have the time to go to each
computer and spend an hour or more to fix them manually. So my question is
what is the automated fix without having to uninstall each version with
updates and then run the fix?

Thanks,
Leo
TaurArian

Re: .Net Framework 3.0 Installations via WSUS
"Leo Alls" <Leo Alls@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> OK I've read and understand the procedures recommended in earlier posts,
> but
> I have a problem with the procedures. I have 186+ systems that have the
> same
> problem and I use WSUS to do my updates. I don't have the time to go to
> each
> computer and spend an hour or more to fix them manually. So my question is
> what is the automated fix without having to uninstall each version with
> updates and then run the fix?
>
> Thanks,
> Leo

Perhaps try the WSUS Newsgroup

On the web:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities... date_services

In your newsreader:

Xposted for your convenience Leo.

DaveMills

Re: .Net Framework 3.0 Installations via WSUS
But what is the problem?

--
Dave Mills
There are 10 types of people, those that understand binary and those that don't.
Tal.M.

Re: .Net Framework 3.0 Installations via WSUS
Hello there,
so is there a fix or something that can make the WSUS to deploy the .Net
Framework 3.0 to the WS?
it still under status of : Not Applicable.
did MS release anything regarding this issue.

btw
My network is with Windows XP SP2 (900 WS), and it's not an option to do it
manually.

Thank You.
--
Tal Marder -Biznesshosting, Inc. - Enterprise Hosting and colocation
east coast enterprise windows hosting and

"DaveMills" wrote:

> But what is the problem?
>
> On Thu, 2 Oct 2008 07:16:10 +1000, "TaurArian" <taurarian@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >"Leo Alls" <Leo Alls@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> OK I've read and understand the procedures recommended in earlier posts,
> >> but
> >> I have a problem with the procedures. I have 186+ systems that have the
> >> same
> >> problem and I use WSUS to do my updates. I don't have the time to go to
> >> each
> >> computer and spend an hour or more to fix them manually. So my question is
> >> what is the automated fix without having to uninstall each version with
> >> updates and then run the fix?
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Leo

> >Perhaps try the WSUS Newsgroup
> >
> >On the web:
> >http://www.microsoft.com/communities... date_services
> >
> >In your newsreader:
> >
> >Xposted for your convenience Leo.
> >

> --
> Dave Mills
> There are 10 types of people, those that understand binary and those that don't.

Lawrence Garvin \(MVP\)

"Tal.M." <TalM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello there,
> so is there a fix or something that can make the WSUS to deploy the .Net
> Framework 3.0 to the WS?
> it still under status of : Not Applicable.
> did MS release anything regarding this issue.

No.. there are *many* reasons why an update might be "Not Applicable" to a
client system...

For the .NET Framework v3.0, the most likely reason is that the client
system does not have the .NET Framework v2.0 installed.

http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

Tal.M.

Re: .Net Framework 3.0 Installations via WSUS
In my case I have .Net Framework v2.0 installed on all of the WS's, with the
SP1 for this Framework.
any other ideas maybe ?

Thank you