KB956483

Murf59

KB956483
Windows Update keeps wanting to download the Security Update for Microsoft
Works 8 (KB956483) It shows its installed but I have done it at least 2 dozen
times
--
RE Murphy

Re: KB956483
Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) when
posting to this newsgroup, please.

Did MS Works come preinstalled on your machine when you bought it? Do you
have your MS Works CD?
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Murf59 wrote:
> Windows Update keeps wanting to download the Security Update for Microsoft
> Works 8 (KB956483) It shows its installed but I have done it at least 2
> dozen times

Murf59

Re: KB956483
I am running Windows XP SP3. The Works program came with the Sony Vaio laptop
I am using
--
RE Murphy

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) when
> posting to this newsgroup, please.
>
> Did MS Works come preinstalled on your machine when you bought it? Do you
> have your MS Works CD?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> Murf59 wrote:
> > Windows Update keeps wanting to download the Security Update for Microsoft
> > Works 8 (KB956483) It shows its installed but I have done it at least 2
> > dozen times

Re: KB956483
Repost:
>> Do you have your MS Works CD?

If you do, insert the CD into the appropriate drive bay before attempting to
install the update again. Otherwise, open a free support incident for
assistance:

Support for Windows Update:

to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (i.e., KB956483).

If your problem relates to a Cumulative Security Update for IE, call the
above number and ask to be transferred to the Consumer IE7 queue (which is
47830).

your usual support contacts.
--
~PA Bear