Error 1058: the service cannot be started

Sonal Satpute

Error 1058: the service cannot be started
Hi,

i am getting error while try to turn on windows update i dont how to solve
this here is the Error

Error 1058: the service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or
because it has no enabled devices associated with it

TaurArian

Re: Error 1058: the service cannot be started
Most common reason -

System may be infected with malware "Vundo"
http://www.microsoft.com/security/po...=Win32%2fVundo

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

"Sonal Satpute" <Sonal Satpute@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> i am getting error while try to turn on windows update i dont how to solve
> this here is the Error
>
> Error 1058: the service cannot be started, either because it is disabled
> or
> because it has no enabled devices associated with it

Growe

"Sonal Satpute" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i am getting error while try to turn on windows update i dont how to solve
> this here is the Error
>
> Error 1058: the service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or
> because it has no enabled devices associated with it
>
> Had the same problem, after infection by Virtumode Adware & Webhancer Data miner, neither conventional Virus ckecker(ShawSecure) or SpybotSD would totally repair problem, saw suggestion to use Superantispyware program & Viola found resident problems others didn't only then could I restart Windows Update service, either automatic or manually without getting the 1058 error, what a relief!

Paulp

"Sonal Satpute" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i am getting error while try to turn on windows update i dont how to solve
> this here is the Error
>
> Error 1058: the service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or
> because it has no enabled devices associated with it

chaz

"Sonal Satpute" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i am getting error while try to turn on windows update i dont how to solve
> this here is the Error
>
> Error 1058: the service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or
> because it has no enabled devices associated with it
>
> Did you find answer I have same problem

yakiudon

RE: Error 1058: the service cannot be started
hey same error here do we have any solution on this, pls.help.........