error 1058

Jtorres109

error 1058
unable to turn on the automatic updates and receive the error code 1058 on my
Windows XP, in addition it says, "The servie counld not be started, either
because it is deisabled or because it has no enbled services associated with
it." I have tried all the on-line trouble shooting. Have never had problems
before... also wonder iif it has anything to do with my missing
c/windows/system32/idlquutn.dll file (this comes up when I re-start my
computer). Are they related? How do I get back my automatic updates! Any help
would be appreciated!!

JT
MowGreen [MVP]

Re: error 1058
Jtorres109 wrote:

> unable to turn on the automatic updates and receive the error code 1058 on my
> Windows XP, in addition it says, "The servie counld not be started, either
> because it is deisabled or because it has no enbled services associated with
> it." I have tried all the on-line trouble shooting. Have never had problems
> before... also wonder iif it has anything to do with my missing
> c/windows/system32/idlquutn.dll file (this comes up when I re-start my
> computer). Are they related? How do I get back my automatic updates! Any help
> would be appreciated!!
>
> JT

The system was/is infected with malware, commonly known as either
Vundo/Virtumonde/Zlob/SDBot or, a combination of all of them.
idlquutn.dll is missing because the installed security software deleted
it, but, the system is *not* clean and Services have either been
disabled or, phantom services added.

STRONGLY suggest you visit a reputable anti-malware forum for
assistance, JT.

http://spywarehammer.com/simplemachi...php?board=10.0
http://www.atribune.org/forums/index.php?showforum=9
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/cleanup
http://www.cybertechhelp.com/forums/...splay.php?f=25
http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/Malwa..._Here-f37.html
http://gladiator-antivirus.com/forum...?showforum=170
http://spywarewarrior.com/viewforum.php?f=5

*Please* read the guidelines of the forum of your choice prior to posting.

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

Re: error 1058
There's a very strong possibility that you have a Vundo infection, which is
usually accompanied by ZLOB and/or SDBot infections, all of which are
protected by a rootkit.

Run a thorough check for hijackware, including posting your hijackthis log
to an appropriate forum.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm